FTV - Video files being cut short
Just picked up the Fire TV yesterday & the first thing I did was throw the official build of XBMC on it. I'm trying to like this thing but I'm a bit disappointed with the overall response time for playing files (RPi starts playing so much faster -- all movies are on a NAS).

Anyways, the issue I'm currently having is my movies are stopping part way through. I had a film play last night that refused to play anything past the 1 hour mark, and now I have another that is refusing to play more than 20 minutes. I've done a force quit, relaunched XBMC, tried resuming it (after waiting for 10 minutes) for it to only play another 2 seconds until it quits.

Log File:
http://pastebin.com/AR2nQ2xu
Using AFP protocol? Why not SMB or NFS?
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AFP
(2014-09-29, 03:34)Koying Wrote: Using AFP protocol? Why not SMB or NFS?
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AFP

I've used SMB in the past, and it's just caused me trouble. This explains more on that issue. If switching to SMB would decrease the amount of time it takes to start playing a file I'd gladly switch over to it.
If you have the choice, it seems nfs is the fastest one, once you got it setup (although I never did it myself).
OTOH, SMB with no permissions has been trouble-free for me for years.
I'll give NFS a try.

Do you have an idea on what might've been causing the movies to stop mid-way though? I ended up finishing them on my computer, so I know there isn't an issue with the actual files.
I have my fire TV set up with an NAS running SMB with no issues at all and definitely quicker than the rPi I have.

If you disable the MediaCodec under hardware acceleration does that make any difference for you ?
(2014-09-29, 22:18)Abshole Wrote: Do you have an idea on what might've been causing the movies to stop mid-way though? I ended up finishing them on my computer, so I know there isn't an issue with the actual files.
It happens because the network link somehow "breaks". Kodi then assumes the video has ended and stops playback.
You don't indicate if you're on wifi on wired, but it's more likely to happen on wifi.
(2014-09-30, 00:13)Koying Wrote:
(2014-09-29, 22:18)Abshole Wrote: Do you have an idea on what might've been causing the movies to stop mid-way though? I ended up finishing them on my computer, so I know there isn't an issue with the actual files.
It happens because the network link somehow "breaks". Kodi then assumes the video has ended and stops playback.
You don't indicate if you're on wifi on wired, but it's more likely to happen on wifi.

NAS is wired, and so is the FTV.

I tried setting up NFS, but it's giving me too much of a headache atm. I'm going to try SMB again.

Does it make a difference if it's set up thru Zeroconf Browser versus Windows Network (SMB)? The latter always gives me an Error 2: Share not available, while going through Zeroconf or setting it manually I get no errors.
Switching to SMB helped.

Is it possible to edit the config file? I've always had to add hdmi_force_edid_3d=1 for my projector to recognize & let me switch over to 3D mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTV - Video files being cut short0