FireTV AFTV Ortek VRC-1100 Harmony problem
Hi all -

I'm having a problem emulating the FireTV Context Button on my remote. Here's my setup:

Amazon FireTV (latest firmware)
Ortek VRC-1100 remote control / IR dongle
Harmony remote (forget which one as I'm writing this from work, but IR only, no hub)

In XBMC, when I press the Context Menu button on the FireTV remote, I get the appropriate popup menu in the center of the screen. However, when I press the Info key on the Ortek remote control (maps to Context Menu button), a circle cursor appears on the screen, and I get the context menu for whatever item that circular cursor is on top of. I get the same functionality on the Harmony as I do on the Ortek.

The Ortek also has a mouse pointer keypad (in addition to up/down/left/right buttons), and I can move the circle around with that.

I'd like to never see the cursor, and just get the context menu for the selected item when I press info.

Is anyone else having this same problem, and do you have a suggestion for how to fix? Disable the cursor somehow, do some remote control mapping, other?

Thanks
Kris
I have the same problem with info and context menu
Let me know if you get harmony to work with ortek usb ir
Use the program add-on called Keymap Editor from the official repo. When you are in Edit, select Global and then Navigation. Scroll down and find Context Menu and map it. I mapped the Record button to Context Menu and it works great.

Good luck,

And BTW, you can map rewind, ff, step back and step forward. That will make those buttons functional also. If you want to go crazy mapping a bunch of keyboard shortcuts, assign them to the number keys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV AFTV Ortek VRC-1100 Harmony problem0