Mysql - How to only sync library w/o watch status and resume points?
Hi, I'm a newbie on this and I've look for this on the net but no luck.

To the point, I have a MySQL database on and I want to sync only the library between computers, I don't want to sync the watch status and resume points because I don't use every single PC on my flat, I share my library with my friends and its annoying that every time they watch a movie or an episode my pc gets a watch mark.

Is there a way to have different watch status between devices?

I've read this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81095 but I've end lost, there are so many advanced terms and the tutorials they have put aren't new user friendly also the thread is old so idk if that is still working on gotham.

Anyone know how to do that?

P.S.: All the computers use windows and gotham.

Cheers.
Why not just have each instance scan in an individual library? It will be faster than MySQL, and will basically result in identical libraries.
Yeah but the scraper always fail to detect some movies/tv series and it's hard to maintain like 4 libraries, I rather prefer to maintain one and sync that with every other computer, that's the only reason I use the mysql database.
But the part of sync watch states and resume points is what I don't want.
What I do is I setup my library just as I want it on one machine, then I use export (wiki) to make individual NFO files on all of the media. When other HTPCs scan the library in they then have all of my manual corrections. This is especially useful simply as a backup in case your main library (MySQL or not) gets corrupted or damaged somehow. The more manual changes I made, the more paranoid I became and that lead me to using the NFO files. Normally I don't like the extra file clutter, but it really has made things easier to deal with.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mysql - How to only sync library w/o watch status and resume points?0