ChromeOS/Chromebox Recovery Media
I'm trying to setup a chromebox with dualboot ChromeOS and openELEC.

I've taken the screw out and trying to create the recovery media but when I do it on the chromebox I get this message after it downloads the firmware "There was a problem extracting image to the machine." This comes up after I select it is okay to overwrite what is on my 8GB usb stick.

I also tried downloading the image and using Win32 Disk Imager with the USB Stick. That created the image but then when I put it in recovery mode and plug in the stick when it asks for it nothing happens.

Any thoughts?
are you using the correct recovery image for your ChromeBox (Asus or HP)? Have you tried a different USB stick or SD card?
It's an Asus and yes I've tried an 8GB USB stick and an 8GB SD card. Neither would work when trying to create the recovery drive on the chromebox or with using this:
https://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chromeos...mp.bin.zip

They both failed with the same message when trying to create it on the Chromebox and the both weren't recognized when I created them on Windows and inserted them at the "Chrome OS is missing or damaged" screen.

I just used the Google Chrome app and it created my recovery drive on the USB stick and it verified and it was good. I plugged it into the "Chrome OS is missing or damaged." screen and nothing is happening.

Should I have to click on anything or type anything or should it just recognize and use it?
got a 4GB USB/SD? the ChromeBox does seem unusually picky about the recovery media for some reason
(2014-09-30, 05:16)Matt Devo Wrote: got a 4GB USB/SD? the ChromeBox does seem unusually picky about the recovery media for some reason

I have a 4GB SD. I'm trying it with that now

That wasn't it. Same thing with the 4GB SD card
I just kept restarting it with the SD Card in the box and it finally looks like it took it. It just booted saying that it is recovering my computer. Hope that everything just worked itself out

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeOS/Chromebox Recovery Media0