Solved OSD Subtitle button no longer working
Hi All,

I'm a regular, happy user of the in-line subtitle download facility accessed via the OSD menu. As of the last few weeks it seems to be no longer working - when i click on the Download subtitles button the OSD disappears and the movie continues on as if nothing had happened.

My set up is:

1. Intel NUC D54250WYKH
2. OpenElec version: 4.2.0 (Generic.x86_64)
3. XBMC Version: 13.2 (Sep 26, 2014)
4. Skin: Aeon Nox Version 4.1.8

From what I'm aware nothing has changed on my system, other than maybe an auto update of XBMC to 13.2 (Sep 26) although the problem appears to pre-date the date of that update. I've checked and rechecked that subtitles are enabled and i have open subtitles and subscene, with open subtitles selected as default service. Still nothing. I don't know if helpful but it appears that about the time subtitles no longer worked the OSD (top of the screen in Aeon Nox 4.x) the OSD seems to have changed in appearance - lighter, more minimalist...

I also recall setting up XBMC subtitles - but it appears to be gone? I'd also like to set up so that the system by default downloads the first, in-synch subtitles for whatever video is selected. But getting them working is my fist priority.

Am i missing something here?

Many thanks / Jim
Does it work or not work with stock Confluence? If it works then it's a skin problem - contact the skin author.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse

I tried also with stock Confluence - no go

Apologies should have updated my post. Any other ideas ?
Not particularly, as I don't use this feature. I'd revert back to OpenELEC 4.0.7 just to confirm that it is working there. A debug log (wiki) might help.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OK- Here's the log (I hope)

Appreciate your help on this Milhouse

Jim

--
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=306786
My guess this is your error:
Code:
14:19:22 T:140604338292544   DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0x0b) pressed, action is Select
14:19:22 T:140604338292544   ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'runscript()' defined
14:19:22 T:140604338292544   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Tried translating, but failed to understand RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(SubtitleScript_Path)])

Does it work in OpenELEC 4.0.7?
Umm not sure

and not real comfortable/familiar with how to downgrade

is it easy ?
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...owngrading

Btw I'm using OpenELEC 4.2 on several devices and don't have any issue using the OSD button for subtitles.
Thanks schumi - so presumably downgrading wont help

I wonder then why I get an error ?
Schumi which skin and version are you using ?
I've since tried a fresh boot on stock confluence and it seems to work fine so would appear to be a skin issue, so will post on the Aeon Nox 4.1.9 forum
OK - Issue resolved - bug in skin

When you activate OSD menu, navigate to Subtitles button - when I clicked on it - menu disappears and movie resumes. If however you navigate to the settings button (far right in AN 4.x) there's a menu item "Classic OSD Style" - if checked the Subtitle button won't work.

IF however unchecked - it works fine !

Weird but true - hopefully this little snippet will mean you won't waste countless hours trying to resolve this as I have.
Intel NUC D54250WYKH | Core i5 | 128 GB SSD | 8GB RAM |HDMI to Pioneer VSX1123
OpenELEC V4.2.0 (Generic.x86_64)
XBMC Version: 13.2 (Sep 26, 2014)
Skin: Aeon Nox Version 4.1.9
Good to know. A good idea is to add the prefix [SOLVED] to your thread title now that you have a solution.
[SOLVED] Thanks Milhouse, Appreciate your help
Intel NUC D54250WYKH | Core i5 | 128 GB SSD | 8GB RAM |HDMI to Pioneer VSX1123
OpenELEC V4.2.0 (Generic.x86_64)
XBMC Version: 13.2 (Sep 26, 2014)
Skin: Aeon Nox Version 4.1.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD Subtitle button no longer working0