Discussion, Concepts and Ideas for Kodi Live TV
Again, doesn't this whole discussion belongs in this other existing thread instead?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175135

either that or it might belong in the PVR development or skinning subforums?
(2015-01-23, 14:55)shree Wrote: Hi! You will notice I have groups plus other buttons to other menus on the same screen. Ive disabled the sidebar, because I feel its too clunky and just gets in the way.
The way its set here, you press backspace when on the EPG grid and it takes you to the other options above it. You can select the different groups or menus etc and see them happen in real time, then press down and your straight back on the EPG grid. Very quick and Very easy with no sidebar getting in the way. If you press backspace again when on the menus, it will take you to the main menu screen.

Oh no, not "backspace" again! So you always need another button to get back to fullscreen :dodgy:
To anyone that wanted to try this heres the dropbox link to the files. Bare in mind this is not fully updated, but I will try and update everything and carry on working on this when I get the chance.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8poc4xi1kktan...y2cVa?dl=0
Produno,

I absolutely love what you've done with the skin and can't wait to try it out. I'd be more than happy to help in any way that I can. Others mentioned PseudoTV Live. No knocks against lunatix, and I use it and it's great....but it's slow and I've had a lot of issues with it. Honestly, it could be something I'm doing wrong....but I think that while it's a great start, PseudoTV needs work and might be doing too much.

I like sticking to the skins for functionality too than something else. I've been on Confluence ever since I started using xbmc, probably about 8 years ago. I've just switched over to using Live TV with a hdhr prime box now so I'm serious about the usability...since that's all my fam has.

In saying that, I'd love to answer any questions you have about preferences for things and how they look and the usability. While the Live TV and PVR functions have improved tremendously over the past year or so, there's still a lot of work being done. I'm kind of afraid to release the wife on it because I know she'll have issues. I'm hoping that your work will improve the interface for all of us.
(2015-02-25, 16:01)wiz561 Wrote: Honestly, it could be something I'm doing wrong....but I think that while it's a great start, PseudoTV needs work and might be doing too much.

you could ... you know post a log as requested and if an issue is identified it will be fixed in the next update.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-02-25, 16:01)wiz561 Wrote: Produno,

I absolutely love what you've done with the skin and can't wait to try it out. I'd be more than happy to help in any way that I can. Others mentioned PseudoTV Live. No knocks against lunatix, and I use it and it's great....but it's slow and I've had a lot of issues with it. Honestly, it could be something I'm doing wrong....but I think that while it's a great start, PseudoTV needs work and might be doing too much.

I like sticking to the skins for functionality too than something else. I've been on Confluence ever since I started using xbmc, probably about 8 years ago. I've just switched over to using Live TV with a hdhr prime box now so I'm serious about the usability...since that's all my fam has.

In saying that, I'd love to answer any questions you have about preferences for things and how they look and the usability. While the Live TV and PVR functions have improved tremendously over the past year or so, there's still a lot of work being done. I'm kind of afraid to release the wife on it because I know she'll have issues. I'm hoping that your work will improve the interface for all of us.

No offense was taken, but I do believe your opinion is based on your setup & hardware.
PseudoTV Live is my personal project, I run it 24/7 as a cable replacement on all the TV's at home.

When users say its too slow, I can only assume that either their setup/Hardware is poor or they don't have a full understanding of what this plugin does and its limitations.

PseudoTV Live isn't a video plugin, and is not meant to be used casually (watch one movie then quit).

PTVL emulates the broadcast side of things, while providing an interface. It allows channel surfing, complex channel configurations which no other program offers. It fills the empty space that is created when you cut the cord, and isn't for everyone.

When setup correctly, PTVL performs IMO extremely well. There is always room for improvement which is why this project is actively updated.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Do you mind explaining how you merged those sidebar buttons into the top of the guide?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discussion, Concepts and Ideas for Kodi Live TV0