Amazon Fire TV Question
Question 
As a Canadian user I am reading there are access issues with lots of the apps using the USA Amazon Fire TV , not sure if this is true but this is what I am reading on the Amazon.com reviews.

If this is the case would someone be better off from Canada going with G-Box Midnight MX2™ Android 4.2 http://www.amazon.com/G-Box-Midnight-MX2...B00CH643A8

Or waiting until Amazon Fire is out in Canada OR maybe some of you are using the Amazon Fire perfectly fine in Canada and the reviwers have no clue?

If you have something equally as good or better than Fire TV or G-Box Midnight MX2 for around $100 that is readily availble to buy online and not required to be built by assembling all sepertate parts that is out right now please let me know!

Thanks!!
are you amazon prime member and watch amazon prime media content? if yes then the fire tv is your best bet as new relelase app for android tends to crash, would not work in other boxes SO FAR.
The Gbox is outdated, see this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1679021 and for that price you can get something better and more powerfull.

My advice is to look for a box that can run your favourtie streaming/live tv apps e.g: Bell TV app including good support for XBMC, i personally like SPMC which is a custom version of XBMC, google it and read their changelog to see the great features it has. It's available in the Google play aswell.

One of the big issues is the DRM security in streaming videos , and many boxes don't support it properly, so Netflix for example in some cases won't be able to play 1080p but up to 720p depending on the box. The Fiire TV can play Netfllix at 1080p for example.

So in the searching quest ask in forums, comment in reviews about you fav streaming apps to make sure they work or that they run as you would like e.g: in full HD.

Lastly freaktab.com forum is a good forum to check and also aftvnews.com (i heard they got cyanogennmod, that is also good to keep an eye on).

Good luck!
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV Question1