Kodi 14 Win Install
Just installed alpha 4 but didn't get prompted to move my userdata folder. Does the Windows installer ask, or does Kodi when running it the first time? I tried manually copying my userdata folder to Kodi's location, but how do I get Kodi to recognize my XBMC databases?
The installer asks when an XBMC directory is detected in your %APPDATA% is found and no Kodi folder is there yet. (though i am not sure if my latest win32 installer revamp made it into alpha4 tbh).

In case you have still a productive XBMC installation installed and the installer detects that - he asks if you want to uninstall the XBMC installation. If you don't it will tell you that the automatic move of userdata folder is not done because you kept your old XBMC installation (and that you need to copy the folder manually in that case).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have a working installation of XBMC 13.2 on Windows 8.1.

I've tried installing both Kodi 14 alpha 4 and the latest nightly with the same result. The installer does not recognize that I have XBMC installed and does not prompt to uninstall XBMC or move the userdata folder. (My XBMC userdata folder is in %APPDATA%/Roaming)
%APPDATA%/Roaming? Are you sure? %APPDATA% should end in Roaming - but there shouldn't be another subdir Roaming in there.

The fact that it doesn't recognize the XBMC installation means that it doesn't find it in your registry. It looks for HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\XBMC - is this key in your registry? (regedit.exe)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-10-08, 19:10)Memphiz Wrote: %APPDATA%/Roaming? Are you sure? %APPDATA% should end in Roaming - but there shouldn't be another subdir Roaming in there.

The fact that it doesn't recognize the XBMC installation means that it doesn't find it in your registry. It looks for HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\XBMC - is this key in your registry? (regedit.exe)
Sorry, meant just %appdata%, or username/AppData/roaming. I'll check my registry tonight, but it's a standard install.
Figured out why it wasn't working. I had uninstalled alpha 2 previously and it must have removed all the entries from the registry. After reinstalling 13.2 over my existing working installation, I was able to install Kodi alpha 4 and get it to upgrade my existing databases.
Yeah there was a bad installer in intermediate kodi versions ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14 Win Install0