ftv vs m8
I been using xmbc on my tab for last month an think its brilliant and now am looking at buying a box I was looking at the fire tv when it comes out next month but now reading that it hasnt got a card reader and looks as if the new ones coming out wont be rootable for now
As its only 8gb storage and no way of using ext hdd with out root and I have a 2tb hdd I would like to use
Would the m8 be a better choice as its around the same money an spec or should I hold out as the chance they will root the new ftv
Or look at something else
i own an amlogic tronsmart vega s89 (round box) same as the m8 if you refer to the rounded m8 box. Same firmware work for all the round boxes and MX III. Beelink dev Oman is the one providing stock firmware updates.
i have used mine with a 3tb hdd plugged in for months and have tested different versions of xbmc, right now using SPMC. It works great.

Just because of the great support by Beeelink dev, my next box will be Beelink
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
I had only seen the square box been reading loads on the net and checking ebay only found the round ones on amazon
But as far as I can see most use the same hardware and the amlogic s802 looks the best for now
So just need to find one with good support and uk seller , looks like the beelink is hk cant find a uk seller but it looks good
well yes they are chinese boxes they all come from diferent parts of china, try to find a good reseller
Try and find one with 16gb storage cause it soon fills up. Most of the generic square M8 are only 8gb. I know you have the 2 tb hdd but it's good to have more storage for apps
and stuff.

@ Veronica. What things should we look for when funding a good reseller. I hear loads about cheap Chinese clones but they are all made in China no?
forget about that square box, if you're going for one with S802 SoC then pick a circular box from Mbox (w2comp is offial seller), Beelink (bee-link.com) or Tronsmart (geekbuying.com and others). See this: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...x-(square).
Also note that there are variants of the S802 SoC: S802/S802-B/S802-H -> google is your friend

As i mentioned before same firmware works for all those boxes including the Beelink MX3 2gb (square) of ram and thanks to Beelink dev we are getting good support even better than Minix-X8 IMO.

Don't get a clone, if originals are already built cheap clones are even worst and trust me they do give trouble. You will have 0 support in the community if you complain about an issue in your clone box.

I got mine from geekbuying.com, you can go ahead and register at the freaktab forums or google it , ask for a reputable reseller in UK.
http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay.php...TV-Players
Cheers mate I will try and find a uk seller dont mind buying from hk but would prefer uk for warranty side of things

Also how do you tell its a clone
yes i understand. There is something else about these boxes. There is a HDMI display issue that has hit many users including me. No image in tv. To solve that one have to apply liquid flux and heat the hdmi pins in the motherboard or re-solder them.
If you get one from the latest batch, that should be fixed. But is good for you to know the flaws, as in every chinese box.

So do find that re-seller
Thats the issue with hk and the cost to send something back is always to much plus customs is a pain
Well ive registered on freaktab just waiting for a activation email been about 2 hours now
hmm thats weird, did you check in spam box?
Well weird still haven't come yes checked spam as well

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ftv vs m80