Win Playlists, I'm missing something...
Howdy folks and good morning.

Let me start by saying thank you to everyone for such a wonderful program and to everyone here who answers questions from Noobs like me!

Everything I find about playlists seems to be based on existing libraries of movies or TV people have recorded or ripped from their DVDs/BluRays. I do NOT have a library of either, don't want one...at least at this point. I wish to create a playlist(s) that will pull from the Classic Cinema addon (love the old movies), for both Movies and Serials. I wish to create a number of playlists, but am unsure of what I need to do. I can get to the "Edit smart playlist" screen just fine, I can even setup what I want in naming, rules, etc, but what I don't understand, is how do I tell it I want it to find the Swashbuckler movies or the Green Archer Serial in Classic Cinema. PBS stuff will be next.

I'm making the playlists for use within Psuedo TV Live. The BOSS (happy wife, happy life) wants a TV Guide she can click on to watch a movie......but that's getting ahead of myself, the help I need is the playlist help at the moment.

Again, everything I find seems to be for movies or TV existing on the users hardrive and I don't understand/know how to direct it to Classic Cinema Addon for their movies and/or Serials. Are there postings I missed after doing a search? Someone wanna tell me what I'm missing and/or direct me somewhere I can read how to do it....many thanks.

Appreciate the help folks,

Big Mac
I guess it's a slight miss-understanding of the XBMC-Kodi software, and it's functionality. Have a quick peek here add-ons are supported, in that there are hooks for them to run within the software. But as far as functionality, it's up to the 3rd party authors or forum to support what their users want.

It's also helpful to understand that smart playlists only work with listings that are in your library. It is interesting that Psuedo TV Live supports some add-ons within, but this is more or less out of the scope of Kodi. Playlists are not going to work for you.

Re: Happy wife.... you have a job ahead, or you'll be making Big Mac's Smile
Thanks for the quick response PatK,

So, you're saying that something has to be on my hard drive for me to use playlists? GRRRRRRRR. Or, it has to be supported by the addon I'm gonna try to use them with? OK, lol, not sure where to go from here.....I'll read the links you provided, thanks for those BTW, and if I come up with new noob questions, I'll give a holler.

and for a 60 yr old man to serve up Big Macs.......not thats not the prettiest of pictures, lol, but I've had worse jobs in my lifetime...I remember a shovel and alot of horses.....

Thanks,
Big Mac
Ahhh, Geeeezzzzzz,

The addon doesn't work......I followed your link to CCs forum only to find it's not any good any longer, bah humbug, I would have enjoyed those movies.

Big Mac
Unless you have an active developer/author on-board add-ons are here to-day and gone tomorrow. Try some of the more permanent add-ons with a bit more stability, Youtube comes to mind or the new Youtube Alpha most of the oldies do come around to Youtube. An keep an eye out for CC or the PBS add-ons, they periodically make a come back with updates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlists, I'm missing something...0