Smart playlists, help please :)
Hi, and thank you for an amazing mediaplayer. Just wonderful. Both on Android and Windows.

Anyway, I've been using the Aeon Nox skin (because it was the only skin I got to work with iStream and subtitles), and it lets me make my own menus. There are a bunch of options, but for my purpose, I need a playlist with the videos I want, and then make a menu that directs to that playlist. (My son watches movies, so I made a menubar just for him, and want his playlist to pop up when I press his menu.).

Anyway, I realize this has more to do with the skin itself, rather than XBMC/Kodi. But here's my main problem, and this has nothing to do with the skin or my setup.

I'm Norwegian, so obviously I have a lot of norwegian movies/series, lots of which aren't even heard of on IMDB or any other scrapper. And in order to add videos to a smart playlist, the videos already need to be scanned and entered into either TV Shows or the Movies category.
Well this doesn't work with my movies/series, because XBMC/Kodi doesn't recognize them, and then won't add them.
So WHY can't I just direct the "smart" playlist to a directory, and tell it to add all the videos in this directory, regardless of if I have their info or not. Just add it.

I've created a playlist, and set Path to the right folder, and "if", and all other settings are default. But it wont find anything, because the videos doesn't have a .nfo or been scrapped.I mean, I can go through the "Videos" menu, Files, and find my directory, so if I could just right click on the directory, and choose "Add to smartlist" or something, that would be great.

And I know I can highlight a video and choose "add to playlist", and then save my playlist through Videos, but that makes it a .m3u, a music playlist, which Aeon Nox does not recognize.

I also tried making .nfo's manually with the examples on wikipedia, but that didn't work either. And yes, I've ticked off the "Show extensions" in Windows, so I know it really IS a .nfo and not a .txt or whatever. And named it the same as the video file, except for the extension of course.

Please pretty please help me with this, and my setup will be perfect. Then even my kid and wife can use it, and I'll have an excuse to buy a Xunity Eclipse iStream box.

Like, really, I'd REALLY appreciate some help here. Been trying everything, just can't get it to work.

Also, I'm on Gotham, 13.2.
Why would you need to use a smart playlist if you can just use the directory? You can even use favorites (wiki) and map them to home screen items in many skins, all using just directories and not using playlists at all.

m3u playlists work for both music and videos in XBMC.

I would try to figure out why the NFO files didn't work. Or better yet, why they're not getting scraped at all.

"Xunity Eclipse iStream box" is crappy hardware for a really horrific price. Avoid it. We have an entire hardware support forum with tons of far better suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart playlists, help please :)0