Decoding issues
Hi,

I have a problem. I updated from version 12.1 to 13.2 and suddenly there was no multichannel sound. I then managed to get the Dolby Digital via passthrough but DTS is gone. And the movie's track is DTS!
I tried older versions but no luck. If I ran a movie with VLC player, the DTS decoding is working properly.
No matter what I do - I get a two channel sound or Dolby Digital decoding. No DTS at all.
My connection is coaxial.
I didn't perform an uninstall - I just ran setup for several times. Could that be an issue? Are there any things I should be aware of in the registry due to multiple installations?

Please help, this is getting frustrating. Sad

Thank you.
I suggest a debug log and screenshots of your audio settings.

With Gotham there is a hierarchy of settings levels. By default it is on idiot level, try bumping it up to Expert and you will see more options in your audio settings menu.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Information 
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

My system is Win7 64-bit.
When I selected custom installation - I did not choose addons, directx and microsoft package.
Dolby Digital is working when I choose transcoding. When disabled only two channel sound is available.

If I install older version it does not work too.

OK, I don't know how but somehow I managed to get it work.
I selected WASAPI on both settings and now it's working. I'm not sure how I missed that yesterday?
In those screenshots you had Directsound selected as passthrough device, changing to WASAPI is what would have made it work.
Yes and so I did. I'm 100% sure it worked on both settings in older versions.
Audio engine was totally re-worked between Frodo and Gotham.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
OK, I'm glad I solved this.
Thank you all for your help.
I hope Dolby Atmos decoding would be available soon. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Decoding issues0