WIP offical WiMM logo/fanart competition.
Nice nice Big Grin

My main favourite

My second favourite

I prefer these because they simple, effective and not limited to any one media type and exactly what I was imagining. ANd also would work as favicons just nice.
Yes I'm making this logos by keeping in mind we need a 16x16 icon, so very simple Smile
Good you like the "2 screens" idea, want me to proceed making a few variations?

Also, we need to use an open source font for the name, am I right?
Yes sure, simple is good and often effective.

Just do what you feel like is right and sure just use whatever open resources would be preferable and easiest.

thx for the efforts, really appreciated Wink
No problem, these are all super easy to make Smile

Ok, I made some variations:

Old one.

Combination of the 2 ideas you liked.
Image Image

Image Image

More variations:
Image Image

Smoother:
Image Image

Screen reflection:
Image Image Image

Something:
Image Image Image

Something something:
Image Image Image

My favourite is the "combination" one, maybe 3D for 256x256 and flat for favicons.

Let me know what you think Smile
I like original

and like

then maybe

I could see this that

Rest just sort or loose it for me and I see F! track somewhere instead. Smile

Yes, I like those indeed. would be nice to see some fanart interpretations of these and keep it short and simple.

But indeed something I feel has a strong potential. Smile congrats.
@uNiversal: I've been a little busy lately (a lot of ppl asking for logos). So just the two of us here? Wasn't this a contest or something? Huh
About the fanart, please give me directions, where is it intended to be used? Also some ideas/examples would be useful since I don't really know what you want Smile
The fanart is to be used in addon when you are for e.g on that addon page in kodi.

See https://github.com/slash2009/XWMM/blob/m...fanart.jpg and for e.g an example where it gets used is when you are in addon manager and select an addon (for installation) that has fanart you get that displayed in background. behind menus also when you go into addon settings configuration after install (if addon has configurable settings).

The dimensions are 1280x720 really would suffice but they can also be 1920x1080 as I said 1280x720 are more then sufficient

As for contents of it its really up to artist/fan designing it but usually some artistic representation of addon (your imagination is the limit). If you look at the one I did for old one up on repo you will see what i did there (nothing really special bt could have gone anywhere)

I dont think there are many people interested in taking part of this "contest" from the lack of feedback or entries (nature of the beast?) and to be honest, that looking like the case you and me we decide the end of it will be and set bureaucracy aside Wink

I understand you are popular by demand Smile, and as such fully understandable, It would be nice to have something ready before kodi v14 goes final so at least the artwork isnt some transitional goop,

Thank you in advance for your commitment and ideas Smile
this one is really nice - just a different font maybe
@uNiversal: thanks, that was clear enough Smile
@da-anda: thanks, the fonts I used are just temporary. Will work on that later.

So what logo do we want to use? I'll make a fanart (and everything else needed) after we choose. Or do you want me to try more ideas?
You know I think in between you me and da-anda we can decide.... and just go for it... dont linger on the sweet shop and go straight to the cakes.
Some open source fonts:

And some fonts I made:

Anything you like?
I like http://openfontlibrary.org/en/font/xolonium but that's just me, without fiddling with font at all in all lowercaps
OK, let's use xolonium. I think It goes well with the less curved one.
I like.. Tongue maybe a more meat on the logo bones (so it becomes a more balanced ensemble) but yea, looks nice and simple.
Or slightly thin the horizontal lines of the image, so they match the text (at the moment the two look somewhat unrelated)...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
offical WiMM logo/fanart competition.3