WIP offical WiMM logo/fanart competition.
@Unfledged: Yes, good suggestion Big Grin and also worked on the round edges a bit.

Image Image

@uNiversal: I know you said plain text, but sorry inspiration can't be stopped Tongue

Just ideas, but I feel this is the right direction.
Im not sure about the lone with the dot on intersection, it doesnt feel balanced but going back to

and make it work with the middle blue one ( what I mean by plaintext was to avoid overworking the text, but looking that middle one I actually think it feels right and has some umpf indeed)

So a composite of those two would be the next step.

I think it may work well indeed

thanks again.
Done. But I prefer the slimmer version (it makes the text more quickly readable).

Slim:

Fat:

Also I showed all the ideas to a few people, and they all disagree with your choices, lol Tongue

If you want my opinion, smoother shapes are more pleasing to the eyes, so maybe something like this:

But I'll do what you want, it's your addon Smile
Slim... Im with you on that.

Its a hard thing, but personally I prefer a balance between striking and pleasing and I dont think the last suggestion does that. (maybe something in between but I like that font on the slim version with that line)

People disagreeing with me isn't exactly a novel idea, yet since no one of these people probably contributes nothing to project imo their opinion counts 0.

its not my addon, Im just trying to keep the project going, and so far it is going, this process is just another small step towards some continued effort to keep the project going, in the grand scheme of things if things need to change they just will.

For now though lest not get derailed by what some people think, you cant please everyone and thers no pleasing "some" people.

Your suggestions so far are great, I like the direction its going and thats what it takes to keep something going then that's the way its going to go.

Ultimatletly this project is dead and dying so it cant get any worst than that.
Ok here's something "in between" Smile

Damn I'm too fast Wink
hehe, The Flash has nothing on you Smile

Sure, I'll bite Smile The more I look at that one the more I see "eyes" on it.
You have a nice imagination, I see "leaves". Big Grin
But I think this goes well with the text part of the logo.
I agree with that, does do a better matching since the shapes are extensions of each other. I am sure if you keep tweaking it it will get even better Smile

When you are happy with the combo/direction then run with it to the finish line...

Fantastic. Smile
OK, I tried something:

Just thinner horizontal lines

More rounded (gives more the idea it's moving)

Moved the small box to the right

Just something

I prefer the 2nd one but the choice is yours Smile

Edit: or maybe the 3rd one.
Yes, # 2 would be my choice balance wise.

When I saw your earlier design where you introduced the text with outline/frame I wondered how it would look if the main logo #2 would be a fluid piece that was born from the dot or gap over the i somehow. (does that make sense?) Without impacting on the standalone quality of each shape and or balance

#3 probably looks like the logo has golden ratio quality going on but the overall composition isn't helped by that, it feels. :/
#4 is just not doing it for me, the dot in there confuses me and since its a shape not a letter it feels confusing. ( I know you trying to give the logo shape some meaning but direction makes my brain go argh.

But then I think the more complex the harder it is to make it work at small size so wouldn't want to ruin it either. #2 looks good Big Grin

Hope I make some sense.

thx again for yet another run.
I now prefer the 3rd Laugh
Yes always in golden ratio.
Let's wait and check out later what our brains feels, if this makes sense. Smile

Edit:

maybe...
I also like this one. The font might be too square.

My two cents :-)
for my personal taste the line around the lettering is too much when combined with the icon. Would be fine for a logo without icon, but with icon it's not necessary IMO.
(2014-11-13, 12:26)samfisher Wrote: I now prefer the 3rd Laugh
Yes always in golden ratio.
Let's wait and check out later what our brains feels, if this makes sense. Smile

Edit:

maybe...

(2014-11-13, 14:05)slash Wrote: I also like this one. The font might be too square.

My two cents :-)

Yes agreed with that last one, groovy baby yeah!

@slash been waiting for someone attached to project to give their 2 cents for a while now Wink thx...
It looks like it's twisting! After watching all the ideas for a while I can say this is my fav Smile

About the font, yeah I agree but it's the "boss" choice Smile

But anyway it works very well IMO. I wanted to try something with the idea of the "fluid piece born from the dot" but that would make the logo more complex/confusing, so probably it's better to stay simple, especially because we need to make an icon out of this.

So are we happy with this? Is the boss happy?

Edit:

da-anda may be right. But I don't know, aren't the 2 parts of the logo (text/actual logo) going to be shown separately?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
offical WiMM logo/fanart competition.3