WIP offical WiMM logo/fanart competition.
(2014-11-13, 15:07)samfisher Wrote: da-anda may be right. But I don't know, aren't the 2 parts of the logo (text/actual logo) going to be shown separately?
well, they can be shown seperately ofc - but the full logo will always be what you have designed here, no? Well, depends on the style guide applied by you or uNiversal I guess Smile
Ima nota the boss eh Wink ("La Cosa Nostra" hehehehe). if anyone isa da "boss" itsa slash Smile Im only trying to propel this project from stale status and promote it. (Im the guy with the mop and bucket on github)

I like the font due to it not being too common and maybe not needing to much change, because it is also GPL and with the W M switch you did rounded the wimm pretty well... Similarly i dislike too round fonts as previously suggested or curly fonts yuk,

That said if anyone has better suggestions that work well go for it.

definitely not the boss though Wink

Ill agree with da-anda - Icon logo+text wise, if the line/frame around text is superfluous to logo and looks ok im fine with that, I suppose the text on icon wont need to show it (I merely liked the suggestion of the line around it). We could use this font with line/frame on the fanart or even other project places which would work rather well...
hehehe "leave the bucket, take the cannolis" Laugh

Anyways... I totally remade the logo from scratch to make it perfect/pro (golden ratio, perfect pixels, etc.). No PS for now.

Logo + Favicon

Logo + Text with outline

Logo + Text without outline

Text with outline

Now I think it's time to ask what colors/effects/bg we want to use?
Very, very, very, nice... Smile

You know, those as they are look great. The logo + text ones maybe the logo could grow a few pixels so the text doesn't overwhelm it.

The ones I probably tart up to double wow factor, would probably be the fanart, Else something subtle?

But sure why dont you decide on what lipstick/shades/colors/effects to smack on these bits Smile

Thx again for all the "fish"er Smile Love your work Wink

"Leave the gun, Take the cannoli"
Agree, I tried a lot of effects but the image is too small for anything heavy, so maybe just this.

I like it Smile
Yes... nice and simple often best, that looks nice and sharp.

If you keen on tarting something up, the fanart is ideal, you can do some nice bg and add your artistic interpretation or whatever.
Yeah I just dunno what to make as a fanart, maybe 3d?

And here's a light bg version:
The fanart is up to you... go for it, show me the artist in you Smile

mmm The light is not as striking as the dark, but its nice anyway.

Good stuff.

* un1versal grins
Yeah I agree, I want to make sure we have both a dark and light versions that works well, then I will apply the same style to all the versions we need.

Maybe red:

Will try something more tomorrow maybe Smile
Something, 2 versions

Black BG

Tunnel of Hexagons (Blocks) BG
Damn, too big for imgur, the image is 1.5MB Tongue
wow, nice camera perspective on the 3D there on those elements.

Not sure about the hexagon tunnel, reminds me of my bathroom wall for some reason.. Probably best to come back to it later, when my brain has fully awake.
hehehe yeah I'm not sure either, I just made it as I woke up and my brain probably wasn't fully awake either. Tongue
Maybe something simpler is more suitable. But I like the black one. Smile
Well I think it time to do latest stitch and finalize things here so we can continue to bigger better thing.

How you feel about wrangling it all in for the final and we can decide and be done?

is thumbs up

also ok for some project needs.

Fro the favicon an d icon on project interests,.

For this che che cherry bomb times.

and finally for the fanart.

whcih could do with a marvel of the world unending.
Yeah we'll be done very soon. Maybe change the blue to be darker so more similar to fanart and also more striking. And darker BG.

And maybe this as fanart:
nice.... simple yet nice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
offical WiMM logo/fanart competition.3