XBMC will not recognize "Popeye the Sailor" cartoons
Hi all, I'm having a problem naming my "Popeye the Sailor" cartoons. Of course, those who collect cartoons know that sometimes there is no episode number associated with a cartoon. Popeye is like this. Right now, I've got the files named in this manner:

Popeye the Sailor.S1960E72.Popeye's Hypnotic Glance

This is episode #72 from 1960. However, XBMC doesn't recognize this file naming format. Would anyone be able to help me with my naming convention? I believe I've tried everything but it still won't get recognized.

Thanks!
S1960E72 is the naming for season 1960 and episode 72. "S" stands for "season" and not for the year it comes out.

So look which season this episode is from and then put the correct number in there. For example, if it is season 5.....

"Popeye the Sailor.S05E72.Popeye's Hypnotic Glance"

If you want to include the year....

"Popeye the Sailor_1960.S05E72.Popeye's Hypnotic Glance"

Greetings
@dan40 - According to thetvdb.com, that naming convention is correct. I assume you have got your tv-show folder named just 'Popeye' and that content is set to TV Shows and scraper to the tvdb ?

If all the above is true, please either provide a screenshot or description of your folder organisation containing your popeye episodes.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-10-01, 09:23)David1977 Wrote: S1960E72 is the naming for season 1960 and episode 72. "S" stands for "season" and not for the year it comes out.

That is the correct naming convention for several cartoon shows (Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes for example).

As black_eagle suggested, make sure your TV Show folder is named as Popeye (not Popeye the Sailor, or any other derivatives) and you should be good to go.
Hi all, that was my problem! I was naming it "Popeye the Sailor", when all along it should have been just "Popeye". Thanks very much for your help, it's greatly appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC will not recognize "Popeye the Sailor" cartoons0