Win DD5.1 audio through HDMI and Optical at same time?
Hello.

I had an old Asus motherboard (2006-2007 P5B-Plus) and a GeForce graphic card where I was able to play DD5.1 audio throug HDMI on the Sony TV and SPDIF optical on the Sony receiver (DTS only on the receiver).
From the motherboard I had a to pins audio cable to the GeForce card to get the audio on through the HDMI.

Now after the old mobo died, I got myself an "AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz with built in Radeon HD8570D" APU and a Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H motherboard.
But I'm not able to get audio out on both now.
When playing ordinary stereo audio I get sound from the HDMI output, but when playing recorded tv-programs that mostly got DD5.1 (AC3) audio or movies with DD5.1, I must turn on the receiver, this wasn't necessary before
Only when playing video with DTS audio I had to turn on the receiver.
I know that I can turn on the receiver by default, but when watching recorded programs, it's a waste of electricity ;-)

In the audio settings I can choose different sources for output and passthrough and I tried any combinations, but none of them worked so I could get audio on HDMI and SPDIF.
The SPDIF Optical is called Realtek audio something.

Is it possible at all to get audio (still not the DTS) on both outputs with this hardware?

Just tell if I need to post some more specific specs and screenshots of the audio settings.

Thanks in advance.
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
We don't support dual audio from xbmc.

There is a thread in the development section where users just double the audio engine or even triple it to get that functionality. While it might work for you, this is completely unsupported by us. I wish you luck.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DD5.1 audio through HDMI and Optical at same time?0