Access NAS via NFS
Hi folks,

I've got the following problem with my RASPBMC / XBMC installation.

Code:
12:24:26 T:3037483664  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (13.2 Git:20140817-0f3db05). Platform: ARM Linux 32-bit
12:24:26 T:3037483664  NOTICE: Using Release XBMC x32 build, compiled Aug 19 2014 by GCC 4.7.1 for ARM Linux 32-bit 3.2.21

NFS server is a CubieTruck running Cubian.

/etc/exports looks like the following:

Code:
/media 192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,no_subtree_check,insecure,crossmnt,nohide,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1001)

I have no problems mouting this share at my rasp using the following line in the /etc/fstab

Code:
192.168.1.97:/media    /mnt/Cubie    nfs    defaults,users,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime    0    0

No problems to access the lower sub directories and no problems to add the directory /mnt/Cubie as a video source.

But when I want to access the NFS share directly in the video source menu (XMBC) there are no sub directories visible.

Anybody an idea what went wrong here?

Greetings TK
You need to ensure that all the directories inside of /media are accessable (or better owned) by userid 1000, gid 1001 ...

Besidet that also post a debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Found a solution - thnx to RASPBMC forum.

Manually adding the NFS share / directory to the sources.xml (or in video source dialog) works. Browsing through the NFS share and adding directories within XMBC doesn't work.

Btw all files / directories inside /media are owned by UID 1000 / GID 1001.

Greetings
TK
That makes zero sense really. If you want me to look into that issue i would need 2 debug logs (wiki) - one with accessing the nfs share when manually added to sources.xml and one when accessing it through the browser.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access NAS via NFS0