XBMC and Xonar decoding DTS HD MA
Hi all,

I know you're not Xonar forum but the Asus forums are crap with the last posts being made in the Xonar HDAV 1.3 Delux forum in 2013...

What I'm trying to do is ensure I am getting the DTS HD MA track played on my speakers but not 100% sure what the sound card is sending.

I think it's being decoded at the sound card but no idea where to start looking.

I hope you can help me!

So My setup:
Mobo: Asus Z97M-Plus
CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 - Intel Integrated HD 4600 graphics
Sound card: Asus HDAV 1.3 Deluxe
AV Amp: Onkyo 875

Right now the Onkyo is reporting that it's receiving 5.1 Multi channel pcm @ 96 Khz.

So I am assuming the Sound card is decoding the DTS HD MA track and sending it PCM to the Onkyo...Correct?

As far as I see it - there is no benefit to having the Onkyo decode it so might as well let the Sound card do it.
Start with a Debug Log - then we can see what it is sending. DTS HD MA needs to be passthroughed as there exists no 8 channel decoder.

Btw. you won't win a single thing in comparison to your HD4600 HDMI output when sending DTS-HD MA. The HD4600 supports DTS, AC3, EAC3, DTS-HD, TrueHD - all those formats are sent to the AVR untouched by bitstreaming ... a xonar is of low to zero value for those bitstream formats.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Awesome thanks for that!

TBH if the HD4600 can bitstream the audio then I'll do that.

When I get home I'll go through the debug log.
Hey,
Wanted to say thanks for the help - I've now bypassed the Xonar and am bit-streaming straight from the intel HD4600
DeadringersSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Xonar decoding DTS HD MA0