Linux IR Remote wake up issue
Recently I've decided to replace Windows with Linux on my HTPC.
  • I installed Ubuntu 14.04 and configured remote
  • All remote functions are working. Suspend and resume with remote is working. Resume with wireless keyboard also works
  • I turned PC off and unplugged power cable
  • Unplugged and plugged back ir receiver
  • Turned PC on
  • All remote functions are working. Suspend with remote and resume with keyboard is working, but resume with remote doesn't work anymore
  • I did clean install of Ubuntu 14.04 and configured remote
  • All remote functions are working. Suspend with remote and resume with keyboard work is working, but resume wtih remote still doesn't work
  • Several time reinstalled linux - tried ubuntu 14.04 and XBMCbuntu
  • Resume with remote still doesn't work
  • So I installed Windows and then installed Ubuntu 14.04 again and configured remote
  • Resume with remote starts working again
  • But if I unplug ir receiver, resume with remote stops working and I need to install windows and then linux again

I believe it's might related to BIOS settings, but can't figure out what settings I need to change.

My hardware is:
  • MB: Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-3225
  • IR Receiver: Lenovo branded, produced by SMK
  • Remote: One For All URC7960
  • Tried with Lirc and ir-keytable

Anyone has any idea how would be possible to resolve this issue?
Q - If you know that unplugging the IR receiver breaks resume, why would you unplug it Huh On top of that, if it's unplugged then you clearly can't resume using a remote anyway.

On a more helpful note, it's possible linked to the power management/wakeup status of the usb port changing when you unplug/re-plug the device.

Seriously, once it's working I'd leave it alone. Spent a week earlier this year trying to figure out why one of my PC's had stopped resuming by remote. Even now I'm not sure why exactly it stopped and then started working again !!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Don't unplug ir receiver - that's my solution for now Smile The issue first appeared when I were replacing stock CPU cooler with new one. Then I unplugged ir receiver several times just to find the issue. I'm pretty sure there will some situations in the future where I'll have to do that again. So it would be great to find easier solution for this issue - not completely reinstalling everything twice - firs windows then linux.

I'm sure that it's not related to power management/wakeup as I have verified that and it was saying ''enabled'. In any case reinstalling just ubuntu would solve that.
Yeah, all my settings were correct. Still refused to work though !!

Maybe uNiversal or nickr might have an answer if they check the thread.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Have you setup a rule in /etc/udev/rules.d?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR Remote wake up issue0