Kodi as an enterprise presentation application
Hi,

I would like to use Kodi at work in our demonstration room, in order to show our different projects to our partners and clients.
In my view, using a remote or a tablet, one could select one of our business topics or projects and then browse the different videos or presentations (e.g. .pdf, .odp, .ppt) or images or external apps (in-house software) related to this topic.
This would be the same kind of use case as Pi Presents, for instance.

I guess that with a very customizable skin, I could totally revamp the main menu to make it show the list of our projects. Sub-menus could be used to launch directly a video or a presentation file. An extra feature would be to be able to launch them on another PC in the same room (in order to have a "master" presentation, interrupted by videos or on-demand small presentation).

Do you believe that this is realistic? Are you aware of any Kodi-based project which would allow me to set this up? Would using only Aeon Nox and Advanced Launcher be enough? How would you do that?
Thanks
I would think you might try this with something like Aeon Nox. At a very basic level you could just record custom videos placed into a movie source with custom NFO files (wiki). Use the backgrounds of your choice. It would be something to start from. Most of the work would be in the production of the videos.

Of course you could create your own skin for this but that would seem a lot more work under the hood to me.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
You can effectively use Advanced Launcher. You could create launchers (favourite launchers) that will start any video with XBMC (present or not into XBMC). You could create launchers (files or stand-alone launchers) that will start any application (pdf, ppt or images viewers) and related media that are present on your computer. With advanced launcher you will be able to assign any description, tags, thumbs and fanart images you want to any created launchers or items. And with Advanced Launcher you will also be able to organize all this into categories, sub-categories, and like for launchers, you will be able to assign any description, tags, thumbs and fanart images you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi as an enterprise presentation application0