WIP Video Player Visualization (Update 21st Oct 2014: v0.1.0)
(2014-10-10, 23:44)gominoa Wrote:
(2014-10-10, 22:08)schumi2004 Wrote: I blame gominoa for all the shit it gives me organizing my setup here only to see if it works Wink
Haha, but now you can enjoy a romantic weekend with the missus!
Glad you got it working.

It seems OpenELEC has backported some of the Helix stuff to their Gotham build which causes the build to fail. This Helix patch should also apply to OpenELEC's Gotham build. I'm going to try to get a pull request into OpenELEC. They seem more adventurous than the xbmc guys.
Are you telling it should work on Gotham now? Damm not going back now Tongue

Since it's working for me i'll start working on the fishtank video.

Regarding submitting the patch to OpenELEC team, I think they will tell you to submit it upstream Wink

/edit:
Maybe you can also add a nice icon for this visualisation Wink
@gominoa , what program did you use to split video?
I know Shumi2004, but don´t work, I select video of course, and I am using helix, too...maybe for work in windows, need something more.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2014-10-12, 03:15)Wanilton Wrote: I know Shumi2004, but don´t work, I select video of course, and I am using helix, too...maybe for work in windows, need something more.
That's to bad.

Works nicely here (OpenELEC Generic Helix x86_64)

It's hard to find/make a perfectly looping aquarium video so instead i picked the shortest video i could find for now (approximately 30 min and 215MB).
Source: http://ssyoutube.com/watch?v=m29fQbouQVo

Planning to create a few videos from http://www.dreamaquarium.com/ screensaver.
I know they are fake but they look great imo and the fish isn't moving that fast.

@gominoa
Do you think it's possible to have live webcam feeds in the future as video?
i have openelec 4.2.1 i386 & 86 generic & i would love to try this but i dont know how to apply the patch im thinking i have to compile it but i have no clue on how to do that . so i was wondering if you could upload a pre-compiled openelec with the fireplace or fishtank or both thanks in advance 4 any advice you can give me i do have a couple of live linux distro.
(2014-10-20, 21:47)zeddymac Wrote: i have openelec 4.2.1 i386 & 86 generic & i would love to try this but i dont know how to apply the patch im thinking i have to compile it but i have no clue on how to do that . so i was wondering if you could upload a pre-compiled openelec with the fireplace or fishtank or both thanks in advance 4 any advice you can give me i do have a couple of live linux distro.
I'll try to compile a Gotham Generic x86_64 build for you tomorrow with updated patch but can't test it myself since i'm on Helix now. So make backups and be prepaired for a recovery Wink
For openelec (4.1.1 and up) save this file xbmc-011-visualization-video.patch to your source directory as 'OpenELEC.tv/packages/mediacenter/xbmc/patches/xbmc-011-visualization-video.patch' and rebuild.
@zeddymac
Sorry, ran out of time yesterday to finish compiling.
But it's exactly like gominoa says, pretty easy Wink
what would i use to rebuild it
(2014-10-22, 20:43)zeddymac Wrote: what would i use to rebuild it

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...rom_source

For your information, i have Generic x86_64 compile running again. Will upload when finished.
(2014-10-22, 20:43)zeddymac Wrote: what would i use to rebuild it

Sorry it took so long.
IMPORTANT: Use at your own risk and make a backup!
Gotham: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qulj2p4r44cmg...0.tar?dl=0
thank you will try it out today
i made it all the way up to me adding the video until i thought about if gominoa ever uploaded that 15sec loop of the fire place which was not so i went to the source & tried to download one when i noticed that any video file i played was playing @ 10x-15x faster (like its feeling in fastforward)
i also added the ffmpeg addon but that didnt work either
(2014-10-24, 10:04)zeddymac Wrote: i made it all the way up to me adding the video until i thought about if gominoa ever uploaded that 15sec loop of the fire place which was not so i went to the source & tried to download one when i noticed that any video file i played was playing @ 10x-15x faster

Ow that's strange that it plays faster. No idea though maybe gominoa knows?
(2014-10-24, 10:04)zeddymac Wrote: i made it all the way up to me adding the video until i thought about if gominoa ever uploaded that 15sec loop of the fire place which was not so i went to the source & tried to download one when i noticed that any video file i played was playing @ 10x-15x faster (like its feeling in fastforward)
I updated this patch a couple days ago. Did you grab it before that? It's the 2 line change below or you can redownload/reapply.

The old code basically said it's ALWAYS time for a new frame. I'm on a Celeron 2957U 1.4GHz and it can only run at ~25ish frames per sec so I didn't notice the problem. What CPU you using? Also, PM me if you want the fireplace video.

Here's the relevant change:
Code:
--- a/xbmc-14.0a4-Helix/xbmc/visualizations/video/video.cpp
+++ b/xbmc-14.0a4-Helix/xbmc/visualizations/video/video.cpp
@@ -165,10 +165,12 @@ extern "C" void Render()
     gettimeofday(&now, NULL);
     double current = (double)now.tv_sec + ((double)now.tv_usec / (double)CLOCKS_PER_SEC);

+    if (m_nextFrameTime == 0.0) m_nextFrameTime = current;
+
     // We're supposed to show m_decoder->getFramesPerSecond() frames in one second.
     if (current >= m_nextFrameTime)
     {  // We don't care to adjust for the exact timing
-       m_nextFrameTime = current + m_secondsPerFrame - (current - m_nextFrameTime);
+       m_nextFrameTime += m_secondsPerFrame;

while (true)
         {
Mmmmm 2days ago. Then i probably had a old version.
Positive note is that it at least compiles fine against Gotham for OpenELEC Wink
@zeddymac Will compile a newer Gotham version later today.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Player Visualization (Update 21st Oct 2014: v0.1.0)0