Foreign Film Genres
I noticed that only some films scrape with the FOREIGN genre tag. My Ember settings for nfo are set to default. It appears DEFAULT scrapes from IMDB, which doesn't appear to have a foreign tag list (http://www.imdb.com/genre/). However, if I switch to themoviedb, nothing will scrape at all.

I assumed I was to then tag my own foreign buttons, which mostly works...

However, I removed a couple that I knew were older foreign films, scraped under default, and the foreign tag populated (REC & REC2 both populated).

What is causing this?
How do I fix this, if possible, and how do I do auto scrape from themoviedb?

Thanks!
Ember 1.3.x or beta 1.4.x?
Original, not beta. I wasn't comfortable upgrading and didn't understand the difference with getting beta, so I left mine alone. Should I upgrade?
I would upgrade...
In the beta, everything works very well, except for a few small errors. The only thing you have to do is once all the movies and tv shows Reread (read only, not new scrape). In the beta can be mixed without problems the various scraper. TMDB works flawlessly.

There will be soon a new beta, that would be a good moment to upgrade.
OK now I remember that myself had some foreigns genre returned by TMDB scraper- I think it was even with current Beta. I will try to reproduce - can you give me an example of a movie which returns foreign genre for you?
I downloaded the Beta, and it scraped the Foreign genre fine! I love that it has the Clearart/Logo as well. I use those and am glad to have everything in one place. It doesn't seem to download the clearart, but...it's there.

The right click/Edit Movie or double click to edit doesn't work in the Beta for me. Nothing shows up. It acts like I didn't click anything.

All the rest is wonderful! Keep it up.
Please.... why no one reads the big, bold and red written text in download thread? ! ? ! ? Install VLC x64 with ActiveX plugin!
(2014-10-03, 09:16)DanCooper Wrote: Please.... why no one reads the big, bold and red written text in download thread? ! ? ! ? Install VLC x64 with ActiveX plugin!

Hi Dan,

I don't understand this recommendation about VLC. What is this ActiveX plugin?
I installed VLC, but I can't find anywhere any plugin. there are codec, but no mention of plugin.
I know ActiveX plug in browser but here?
Also, there you mention VLC 32 bits, and here you mention x64. Does it matter?

thx,

HB
We use the VLC ActiveX plugin/COM for all video and audio previews/player in Ember (trailer/themes). If you install VLC, the ActiveX plugin is selected by default.
Sorry. I saw but thought I already HAD ActiveX installed. I put the link in, downloaded, and the popup edit now works. None of the clearart seems to install, however. I still have to use XBMC to do it for me. Not huge, but I'd rather use Ember for everything. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks again DanCooper for everything. I need to keep donating. You guys are making my media life so much easier!

Also, my issue with Foreign films worked, but apparently themoviedb will be removing FOREIGN as a genre soon. It makes sense, since Foreign is different per user. What is Foreign to me isn't the same for others. No biggie. I just manually add it in Ember now. Thought I'd share.
Anyone else not getting clearart/clearlogo to scrape, or is it just me this time?
Do you have enabled the Fanart.tv scraper and all image types in Files and Sources settings?
Yes. Fanart.tv is enabled and all the settings are clicked. Ember API is enabled. I also had theTVDB selected. I disabled everything but Fanart.tv, and it still doesnt scrape clear items. I can PICK which ones I want, but they don't save.
Nevermind. I reverted back to the regular Ember. I like a few of the options a tad better. Keep it up, everyone! Ember is great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foreign Film Genres0