I'm Too Dumb for Smart Playlist
I created a partion for MOVIES on one of my HTPC hard drives, and put two folders on that partition - MOVIES and CONCERTS. I'm ripping DVDs and BDs to the MOVIES folder and they show up fine under the MOVIES menu item.

I want a similar set-up for just concert DVDs, but I do not want those concert DVDs to show up under MOVIES, so I successfully edited the 'sources.xml' file to add CONCERTS to the main menu, in between MOVIES and MUSIC.

Within CONCERTS I created a smart playlist to bring up all the ISO files in the CONCERTS folder (created a rule pointing to that path), but when I select that smart playlist nothing is displayed.

Any suggestions on either my approach or why the smart playlist doesn't work?

Thanks!
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Maybe these examples will help.

The first playlist displays my main library and excludes concerts, kids media and an xmas directory I have.

The second just pulls in the music concerts from a specific path.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Main library</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">
        <value>Kids</value>
    </rule>
        <value>xmas</value>
    </rule>
        <value>nfs://192.168.1.50/media/sde1/MusicVideos/</value>
    </rule>
        <value>smb://HS-DHGL925/share/Music Videos/</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>

Code:
    <name>music concerts</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>nfs://192.168.1.50/media/sde1/MusicVideos/</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

If you still have issues, paste your playlist xml and your directory structure.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks for the suggestion, but no dice. I entered the following code at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video, filename 'concerts.xsp':

<name>Concerts</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>D:\Concerts\</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Clicking 'Concerts' from the menu, then 'playlists' then 'concerts' does nothing.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
As far as I know, smart playlists only work with media that is scanned into your library

"XBMC supports smart playlists for all types of media (excluding pictures), which essentially use a set of rules to limit the results from the databases. This means that to be able to create a smart playlist in the GUI, music/video must first be added to the libraries using a scraper addon or by creating NFO files."

Smart playlists (wiki)
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Well, I followed the link in lrusak's post and created NFO files for each ripped concert ISO in the Concert folder, and the smartlist XML still did nuthin.

Here is an example is one of the NFO files:

<movie>
<title>Boz Scaggs Greatest Hits Live</title>
<originaltitle>Boz Scaggs Greatest Hits Live</originaltitle>
<sorttitle>Boz Scaggs Greatest Hits Live</sorttitle>
<set></set>
<rating></rating>
<year>2004</year>
<top250></top250>
<votes></votes>
<outline>Greatest Hits Live features Scaggs in concert at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco.</outline>
<plot>From his early days with the Steve Miller Band, to his smash hits as a solo performer, Boz Scaggs has been a respected musician for decades. Greatest Hits Live features Scaggs in concert at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco, and as Scaggs himself says, "It's not just any band that can pull off this song list." From the jazz-tinged "Harbor Lights," to the desperately blue "Loan Me a Dime," to hit songs including "Lowdown" and "Lido Shuffle," Greatest Hits Live provides a powerful overview of the artist's most recognized work.</plot>
<tagline></tagline>
<runtime>115</runtime> //runtime in minutes
<thumb>C:\Users\Pomeroy\Pictures\Boz Scaggs Greatest Hits Live.jpg</thumb>
<mpaa>Not available</mpaa>
<playcount>0</playcount><!-- setting this to > 0 will mark the movie as watched if the "importwatchedstate" flag is set in advancedsettings.xml -->
<id>tt0432330</id>
<filenameandpath>D:\Concerts\Boz Scaggs Greatest Hits Live.iso</filenameandpath>
<trailer></trailer>
<genre></genre>
<credits></credits>
<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
</video>
<audio>
</audio>
<subtitle>
</subtitle>
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>
</movie>

Either my syntax is wrong somewhere (not unlikely), or I'm misunderstanding 'scan media' in this context.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Having created the nfo files, did you

a) name them EXACTLY as the file they are associated with ? E.G. "Boz Scaggs Greatest Hits Live.iso" , "Boz Scaggs Greatest Hits Live.nfo"

b) refresh the library content, by changing the "Concerts" content to "none" and then back again to "Movies" and choosing "Yes" to the question "Do you want to refresh ....." ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Yep, did both and no joy. FWIW I've switched to Aeon Nox thinking it would be more flexible, but alas -- no joy.

I'm chasing this on that sub-forum, thanks for the replies but sticking a fork in this one.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I'm Too Dumb for Smart Playlist0