People Selling xbmc on amazon?
http://www.amazon.com/Ks-Soft-iXBMC-Medi...words=xbmc

figured the devs would like to know

FBN
Aye, we even contacted them and they changed the name for a while, but they changed it back to being "XBMC" based. It would be fine if they used another name, as it's allowed by the GPL opens source license, but what they're doing is pretty shady by calling it "iXBMC".

We just haven't gotten around to finding the right person to contact at both Google and Amazon to take down the app from their stores. We might not have total trademark control of "XBMC", but this is a pretty clear ToS violation for Google Play and the Amazon App Store.
I've been told that we finally did get it taken down from Google Play :)

It probably won't be long before it's taken down on the Amazon App Store as well.
For $6.99, they could have done a better of of inserting that 'i' into the logo. :/
ok good to hear, its kind of lame trying to make money off of other people's hard work.

love you guys and the media center, i use it everyday after work to unwind with youtube vids.

FBN

dat photoshop job!
nice eej Tongue
We should hire him
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
more like paint
Ah, they tried this on Google Play. They changed it to iMC, then wait until they think we've stopped paying attention, then they change the name back. haha.

Let's see how long it takes them this time :)
Anyone can sell any opensource GPL project for money, Im surprised its not done more often.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
People Selling xbmc on amazon?1