Win Audio problem (sfx too high, voices too low)
Music 
Hello guys. I want to ask for your help regarding an issue I have with the sound in every XBMC version. When a movie is playing, the sound for the voices is very low. So I have to turn up the volume.

The problem is that if I turn up the volume, the sound effects or background music of the movie are very very high. If I bring the volume down, the sound effects are okay but the voices are low.

I'm stuck in a circle. I tried different settings but unless I choose analog and 2.0, the movie playback works at 1fps or if it works at full speed, then I won't hear the voices at all, only the effects. So none of the other options solved my problem.

I have a Logitech Z5500 connected to the soundcard Creative Audigy SE via jack connection (three wires: yellow, black and green).

In KMPlayer the movies are running fine so I know it's some kind of settings in XBMC, but nothing worked for me.

Do you have any suggestions to solve this issue? Thank you, guys! Sorry for the English, not my native language.
if you have a setting called "analog" your version of XBMC is rather old any buggy. I strongly recommend an upgrade.
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I don't have an old version. It is 13.1. Here is a screenshot with the possible options for audio output device. Do you think one of these will do the trick? I would be surprised if somehow I will solve this problem. The only solution now is to play the file in KMPlayer, but I like KODI more Smile
In The audio settings, disable the Normalize Volume on Downmix Setting and retry (It's advanced category).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That's just the way movies are mastered unfortunately. If you want more stable volume you have to either use volume normalization software (like Windows loudness equalization) or hope your AVR has a similar option.
I knew a developer would understand the problem Smile Thank you very much @fritsch, now it works like it should be. Also, thank you all who took the time to answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio problem (sfx too high, voices too low)0