Can't exit xbmc and get into the o.s
Hi Newbie needs help.
I am having trouble exiting XBMC and getting into the
operating system. The only way I see is to close XBMC
and this defeats the purpose. I am trying to get into the
O.S. to mount USB stick and get icefilms, TV4ME and
a few others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You haven't said what you are running (eg raspbmc, openelec ...) or how you 'got' it (eg self install, NOOBS ...)
If it were raspbmc, then a USB stick should mount for use automatically (but may depend on formatting),and you can get to the underlying OS by using the 'exit' in the shutdown menu (you'll need a keyboard attached)
Derek
Hi Derek,
My system is Openelec it is a self install and I only options on exit are Power off System, Custom Shutdown Timer and Reboot.
As I said I am a complete Newbie and I need all the help I can get.
Gerry
There is no underlying OS. You can only SSH into OpenELEC to get a terminal.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Check private message gerry53
USB sticks are automounted on OpenElec. And no talk about piracy addons in this forum!!!!
Hey,

I'm running the android tv box dual core jellybean, from the dashboard it used to give me 3 options, 2 of them lead me to the dashboard and the other to xbmc media center. I've selected the media center as basically autostart from power up. Now I can't seem to in find the settings to the network and media center there are no settings for the network, any knowledge on how to get back to the dashboard so I can undo the auto start media center?

Thanks,
You could start by asking in the approriate forum I think...
http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't exit xbmc and get into the o.s0