Android Suggestion for Repurposing old android phones or tablets as clock/radios
I love XMBC already, and I keep discovering new uses for it.

I have a suggestion for those like me who have an old Android phone they would like to use with XBMC with the emphasis on Internet radio. A phone coupled with a Bluetooth speaker makes a terrific appliance for the bathroom, bedroom, or kitchen.

The two aspects that could make that experience even better are (A) a very-large-font skin suitable for bleary-eyed mornings and fat fingers on a small screen and (B) a screen saver that shows time (and maybe weather) in a dim but very large font, suitable for leaving on all the time like a night-light or clock radio. Or maybe there's a way I just don't know about to let a normal android screensaver (like Beautiful Widgets) run when XMBC has been idle for some period, without terminating XBMC.

All the other functionality is already there. For the short term I can use alternates like TuneIn and a regular Android screensaver, or pick the best current skin I can find. It would be cool to not just have Internet radio available, but to also have my music available. Maybe I'm the only one with this use case, but I'd like to think others with outdated phones might want to use them this way rather than have them sit in a drawer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion for Repurposing old android phones or tablets as clock/radios0