Bad guide data
Have noticed this happening a few times recently, my guide data is messed up, i.e. shows on one channel will be listed on an adjacent channel instead, duplicate listings, all kinds of strange stuff. Resetting the PVR database will clear up the problem, but I'm wondering why it's happening? Verizon has been moving a bunch of their HD channels, so maybe that's part of it? The data looks fine in WMC.
I would blame Verizon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
are you needing to do a "setup tv signal" on the WMC side to get things working again? If so, the problem is that when you do this, the channel get new unique IDs which is what ServerWMC sends to XBMC and XBMC stores in it's database. So you have to reset XBMC database so it stops caching the old/wrong uIDs. Also, there is an option in XBMC to "not store EPG in database" which I personally run all my setups with, since I find there are less issues by having only 1 source of EPG (ServerWMC/WMC) rather than also having XBMC cache items in it's database. This latter option doesn't help if the channel IDs change (since channels are stored in PVR database not EPG database, and there is no way to stop XBMC storing that info) but it at least means any EPG info is "always up to date", at the cost of more calls to the backend for EPG info (which on my setup is not an issue)
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
No, I don't have to do anything in WMC, just reset the PVR DB in XBMC. Changing that setting to not store the EPG sounds like a good idea, I'll try that out. Had another oddity this evening when I fired up the client HTPC, the guide was completely blank! Restarting XBMC cleared that up and makes me think maybe you're on the right track, it's some kind of caching problem.
i have always run with the "dont store EPG in database" as while developing ServerWMC I noticed that (at least here in Australia) the EPG data (comes in off the aerial not through an online download) seems to shift around a fair bit. Eg earlier in the day all the night time slots are perfect 30 minute increments but at some point closer to the shows airing things shift around to 6:31pm - 7:02pm and things like that. Having XBMC cache stuff in its database meant that even closing and re-opening XBMC would keep the stale EPG timings when WMC was showing new values (because XBMC does not ask ServerWMC for EPG info since the info in its database isnt old enough yet etc)... So yeah... it's worth a try although it doesnt sound like this is your (only?) problem

If you can post up a ServerWMC log and XBMC debug log that shows the problems happening we could look into it further. Eg we should be able to easily see if XBMC is asking for EPG info, if the clocks are synchronised, if it is asking for channelID's that dont exist, etc etc
makes me wonder why the hell xbmc stores the epg in it's own database anyway. The backends have the info, why not query the backend when you want to see the epg. That is how databases are supposed to work.

Works for mythbackend/mythfrontend.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I wish there was an option to not store stuff in the "PVR database" either! Particularly when developing, I often do stuff that invalidates the channel UIDs that XBMC is holding onto so I have to reset the XBMC database to get XBMC containing the correct channel IDs that will result in EPG being returned from the backend again. Considering it only ever makes the 1 set of backend calls for loading channels once per addon startup (and never asks for them again, as opposed to EPG/recordings/timers that it reloads every few minutes) im not sure what the point of storing it in database is anyway. I guess because XBMC has the Channel Manager etc (which probably no-one uses, since that stuff also all comes from the backends)?! IMO on a gigabit wired LAN and with multiple XBMC devices that I have to manage and want to keep in sync, I would rather that nothing PVR related gets stored in local XBMC databases whatsoever, and XBMC simply requests everything from the backend everytime it is run
At last someone who gets my point of view on this.

And he's a windows guy!! LOL.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bad guide data0