XBMC BD Playback with PowerDVD
Hello everyone,

First time posting, so sorry for the newb question. I am thinking about setting up a HTPC with XBMC as the driver. I know that BD playback can be a difficult thing to get right -- so I was thinking that the easiest thing to do would be to use an external player such as PowerDVD. If I use PowerDVD with as an external player and only control XBMC with a remote (probably PS3 Bluetooth remote), how do you get back into XBMC?

For example, say I start playing a BluRay and then decide that I'd rather watch TV. Is it as simple as pressing stop? I assume that for that to work PowerDVD would have to exit so XBMC can come back to the foreground. How do you achieve that behavior with an external player? Is there a command line argument for PowerDVD to quit playback on stop?

Thanks!

-- Dan
I use a Logitech Harmony One with a custom sequence. I made a button on the touch screen (Harmony One lets you do that) named 'Exit BluRay'. Basically it sends 'Alt+F4' followed by 'Alt+Tab' to the system. It's not very pretty, but it works. I chose this, because I didn't want to try my hand at EventGhost, which seems to help a lot of people on here with automation of commands. I'm just too lazy.

EDIT: I use PowerDVD 10 (came free with the drive) and it responds to my Harmony as well, so that's a plus for me.
(2014-10-05, 23:22)WeirdH Wrote: I use a Logitech Harmony One with a custom sequence. I made a button on the touch screen (Harmony One lets you do that) named 'Exit BluRay'. Basically it sends 'Alt+F4' followed by 'Alt+Tab' to the system. It's not very pretty, but it works. I chose this, because I didn't want to try my hand at EventGhost, which seems to help a lot of people on here with automation of commands. I'm just too lazy.

EDIT: I use PowerDVD 10 (came free with the drive) and it responds to my Harmony as well, so that's a plus for me.

What remote did you use, when setting harmony one remote with XBMC?
(2014-10-06, 11:59)movie94 Wrote: What remote did you use, when setting harmony one remote with XBMC?

Oh yeah, left that out.. You have to add a device to your Harmony for those keys to be selectable: "MCE SE keyboard"

This basically gives you the ability to program several Windows key combos like the ones I mentioned. Additionally, you can add an "MCE keyboard" (so without the 'SE'), which will give you normal keyboard keys. This way you can program your Harmony to send any keypress or combo that a normal keyboard would. Edit your keymap.xml accordingly and you're good to go. HTH.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC BD Playback with PowerDVD0