Universal - An Addons Toolkit broken on Helix Alpha 4?
Am running the Alpha 4 for some time already (FernetMenta build) and realized that the Unversial Add-on in the official repo stopped working after Alpha 3 was upgraded. Here the xbmc.log including the errors that occur immediately after the Universal Add-on is installed (see around 20:00:00 in the log-file):
xbmc.log
Kodi just reports "Script Error".

I was not surprised using alpha builds but thought that the issue might be fixed with the official Alpha 4 release as the Universal Add-on Toolkit seems to part of the official package. Looking at the official repo the add-on is still not labeled as incompatible.

Can anyone comment on this, possibly provide a fix or give some insights on when the add-on will be adapted?

Thanks and best,

M4tt0
it is certainly not a "official" addon or supported by us.

we did restrict python module loading a bit so now addons that don't follow proper coding guidelines are beginning to break.
Looking at the addon it certainly does some things that are not standard procedure.

So i suggest you track down the author of the addon and get him to fix it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Oh, alright. I thought it to be official since it is part of the XBMC.org Add-ons repo that comes with XBMC/Kodi. But does not matter. Thanks for your advice.

I have searched for the creator of the add-on, but not sure she/he is active anymore. Just in case, could you please point me at the changes that have been implemented and the coding guidelines w.r.t. python module loading you apply? Maybe I can try fixing it myself then...

Thanks again!
solution is to split the addon into a separate service and python module.
tried it and then it works.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Nice! That took you, mmmh, less than 5 min? OK, I will try to do that myself. Happy to learn something. If I cannot manage until the end of the week, may I come back to you, please? ;-)

Cheers,

M4tt0
(2014-10-05, 21:34)Martijn Wrote: solution is to split the addon into a separate service and python module.
tried it and then it works.

How do you go about splitting the addon into a separate service and python module ? Please be detailed in your explanations :-)

I'm running XBMC (Kodi v. 14 "Helix") on a JB Ipad air, running ios 8.1, following the latest Pangu. I installed XBMC and Mashup. Unfortunately, in almost every link on Mashup (for example, New Releases or Latest Added), I get a "script failed" error. I tried selecting the link twice to no avail...

When I open XBMC, I also get an error message indicating "Script Failed - Universal an Addons Toolkit".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am seeing this error also after the upgrade to Helix.

Problem is that I don't even remember what this is for, or where it is in the addons tree.

How do I fix or disable it? I have no idea what is meant by "split the addon into a separate service and python module" and if it's not going to work then I would just like it disabled.

EDIT: After I ran an addons update it gave me the option to disable it, so I did. Still not sure what it was for in the first place.
(2014-12-24, 21:31)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: I am seeing this error also after the upgrade to Helix.

Problem is that I don't even remember what this is for, or where it is in the addons tree.

How do I fix or disable it? I have no idea what is meant by "split the addon into a separate service and python module" and if it's not going to work then I would just like it disabled.

EDIT: After I ran an addons update it gave me the option to disable it, so I did. Still not sure what it was for in the first place.
It has something to do with the istream addon. It doesn't work anymore so I uninstalled Istream and also universal tool kit. Then it was fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal - An Addons Toolkit broken on Helix Alpha 4?0