Set xbmcbuntu in read only mode
I would like to set my xbmcbuntu system to read only mode.

The system will be installed in a holiday rental house and I don't think that the tenants will properly shut down the system. The system (installed on a Intel NUC) is connected to an auto-power outlet. Whenever the tenants leave the house, the power is disconnected. You should also know that the system will be installed offline (not connected to the internet).

Based on these concerns, I was thinking of setting the system in read only mode. However, I have no idea how I should accomplish this. Do I need to set / and all other directories to read/only?

Tx for your help

Ivan
Thats probably not a good idea. If you want something read-only, I'd suggest OpenELEC as most of the filesystem is read-only by default. Its also designed to be as 'appliance' like as possible.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Openelec should handle it just fine since it mounts the system partition as read only. The XBMC userdata is still on a read-write partition though so there's a slight potential for data loss there, but at least you should be able to lock down XBMC by using profiles.
If you use ext4 or another journaling filesystem on the read write partition it should be fine (the rbpi of my girlfriend is also shutdown by disconnecting the power and it survived this procedure a dozens of times now).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set xbmcbuntu in read only mode0