Win 13.2 with nPVR slow channel change
Hi All, I know there has been many topics in the past but what is happening with XBMC? Using nPVR if I use their own software and change channel it taks about 2 to 3 seconds. If I then use XBMC (on the same box as nPVR) it tkes 8 to 12 seconds.

Channel select speed is critically important for me because if it takes too long my wife won't agree to having the media center for everything Sad

I have tried other backends as I was going to use AgrusTV orginally but none of them seem to work properly with ArgusTV only some channels appear to work and channel change times where even higher. Anyway thats another subject after trying a few I think im sticking with nPVR as it seems to of picked all the channels up and everything else seems to be working I just need to speed it up. Our Sky box that we are currently using takes 4 to 5 seconds to change channel if I can get it to this time I will be very happy.

My system specs:

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (fairly new install kept as clean as possible)
SSD for OS and software
HDD for stored media
AMD A6-6400k Dual Core 3.90Ghz
4GB Ram (3.19 Useable)
AMD Radeon HD8470D (via CPU)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Try the margro builds (google for it). If you searched the forums you would probably have seen it mentioned somewhere.
No I have searched and I did see that but firstly how come these mods are not in the official xbmc version but on top of that I am using a centeral database for my xbmc clients some on windows some on android and it says they all have to be the same version will it cause a problem if the windows main one uses this build?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
13.2 with nPVR slow channel change0