Recorded TV Folder - TV Art
Sorry to ask, but was wondering if anyone has come across this question before.

In WMC all recorded TV shows are stored in one folder ie "Recorded TV". Is there a way to get XBMC to read that folder and apply fan art/folder art for that show folder, like it does for movies? Granted my movies are stored in sub-folders with folder art of the movie in the sub-folder. The TV shows are all lumped together and are kept for 3 weeks , base on stored settings, only and then WMC removes the old shows automatically.

I have the ServerWMC set to "Group Recordings in Folders". When I have the SeverWMC set in Group Recordings, I click on the folder then I see the individual shows in that folder, then I click on the file. Once I click on the file in the folder, then I see the thumbnail art. It's several steps to take, but I wasn't sure this has to do with ServerWMC or file structure for XBMC. It's mainly for my 5 and 7 years old who need the visual ques to help them select the right shows.
I'm not sure I totally understand, but if what you are asking for is show folder artwork - currently xbmc (Gotham) does not give the pvr addon a way to set this artwork. This feature has been requested for helix though, and I think I read that it will be added - but its not there yet. When helix adds this feature we will support it too (I hate looking at the folder icon just like your kids).

You should see artwork per episode already, If I missed what you were asking let me know.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thank you... you got my challenge. I will wait for future updates and hope Helix adds this feature.
Im not so sure if its going to be in Helix or not. Even if it is, note that this would just be setting a thumbnail icon on the show folders, not the full artwork, synopsis, actors lists and all the other sorts of metadata that the TV library in XBMC provides. If you really need the artwork/metadata then you could use our post processing tasks to run some sort of external renamer that could rename/shift the WTV files off to the regular TV library location and then get XBMC to scrape that in etc. I think we have some users that are doing that. Of course this loses you the ability to have the recording files managed by WMC, deleting after theyve been watched or when space is required or not.

You could also perhaps look at MediaBrowser3 as they integrate with ServerWMC and I think provide more metadata and interface to the PVR stuff.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recorded TV Folder - TV Art0