Ace release for Kodi 14 / Helix?
(2014-12-12, 15:59)MDUKRPI Wrote: I'd happily donate some money for a KODI/Helix-ready Ace 2!

I did you get some feedback?
Now that Helix is here ... I can't upgrade until Ace is updated. Nothing compares.
(2014-12-23, 23:38)lokinz Wrote: Now that Helix is here ... I can't upgrade until Ace is updated. Nothing compares.

I did upgrade to find Ace worked for a while as long as i didn't try to change anything or watch live tv. However I had Kodi crash 4 times yesterday while i was watching either live tv or general media files. I'm in the process of upgrading back to xbmc until kodi's stable release is stable. And preferably until Ace is available and compatible.
(2015-01-02, 01:12)Zifanite Wrote: I did upgrade to find Ace worked for a while as long as i didn't try to change anything or watch live tv. However I had Kodi crash 4 times yesterday while i was watching either live tv or general media files. I'm in the process of upgrading back to xbmc until kodi's stable release is stable. And preferably until Ace is available and compatible.

I had also tried to use Ace with Kodi. But as I use it for live TV + pvr it's a no go.
Also, the on screen keyboard doesn't work.

I have stated modifying the skin myself and have the live TV channel selection section working as well as viewing of recorded programs (apart from a odd menu selection thing), but no EPG yet.
Also haven't figured out the keyboard. - I will keep hacking away at it when I find some time.
I've not had any experience with skinning so I don't know where to start. If you can work out where exactly it sources the season though can you let me know? I'd like to be able to invert it since it is currently telling me it is winter when it's middle of summer.
(2015-01-03, 00:05)Zifanite Wrote: I've not had any experience with skinning so I don't know where to start. If you can work out where exactly it sources the season though can you let me know? I'd like to be able to invert it since it is currently telling me it is winter when it's middle of summer.

You can change that in the skin settings.

Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Customize Main Menu > Weather (from the left menu) > "Backdrop image based in seasons of ... "
I have it set to South America even though I am in NZ.
Would love for this to be fully compatible with Helix..... Wish had skills for skinning. Someone needs to get on it ha.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
This may not be seen by those who created and maintained ACE as they seem to of left? People have lives outside of maintaining opensource software in their free time so fair enough. I Neither have the skill nor time so respect and thank you to those who do.
However great skin, sadly missed.
I've been trying others on kodi and none quite hits the spot due to lacking functionality or simply looks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ace release for Kodi 14 / Helix?4