Global audio sync problem
Hi all,

I have two HDMI sources connected to my A/V receiver: My HTPC with Kodi on HDMI-2 and my cable box on HDMI-1. My cable box is still my preferred source and it requires a 100ms delay in the audio, the most my Onkyo receiver can provide. Everything's fine with it, but in Kodi, each file I playback is also out of sync an additional 150-175ms (-175ms seems to be the best setting). I am having to do this on a per-file basis and was wondering if I could set the player to apply this delay automatically for every file.

Also, does anyone know if there's a good test file that I could use to set my sync? Most program material has very few audio/video cues that I can use. I am just winging it on lip movements for the most part.
(2014-10-08, 03:41)DXer Wrote: (...) I am having to do this on a per-file basis and was wondering if I could set the player to apply this delay automatically for every file. (...)

1. start a movie
2. while playing adjust the delay as desired by using the context menu accessed by the speaker symbol (hit 'Enter' during playback, bottom right)
3. scroll down in this menu and tick "Set for all movies" (or sthg like that, having a german gui)

That should do the trick.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
This is a good test video for configuring audio sync.
http://www.editorsean.com/blog/49-audiovideosynctest
How do you get the above file to play? I can only access it via "files" under VIDEOS, and it never plays via XBMC.
(2014-10-08, 16:41)DXer Wrote: How do you get the above file to play? I can only access it via "files" under VIDEOS, and it never plays via XBMC.

What did you download?

Download this:
http://editorsean.com/content/video/av_s...c_test.mp4

Make sure sound_in_sync_test.mp4 is in a directory you can see from videos menu and play it...
Yes, that is the file I'm trying to play. I downloaded it, it's in my TV directory under "TEST FILES" but it never shows up in the library itself. I have to go to VIDEOS, then FILES, then scroll to the test files folder manually. I see a snapshot thumbnail of the test but the video itself never plays. It will play in VLC but since this is an XBMC issue, I would like to test it out there. I think I need to retard the audio by either 100ms or 120ms but I'm not completely sure. I never seem to find the actual sweet spot, but I know it's in there somewhere.
What is the size of the file you downloaded? Should be 135K
Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi  135632 May  6  2012 sound_in_sync_test.mp4

Plays fine on Pi with xbmc.
I moved it to a different path (one not monitored by Media Center Master) and it ran OK. I set the delay globally to 75ms and that seems to be the closest to perfect. Looks like everything's good, and thanks for the heads-up on that Apply To All setting.
I'm using advancedsettings to set the delay.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
        <latency>
            <delay>0</delay>        
                <refresh>
                    <min>23</min>
                    <max>24</max>
                    <delay>225</delay> <!-- set to zero or adjust if audio seems out of sync with 24p movies -->
            </refresh>
        </latency>
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Global audio sync problem0