OS X No more support CrystalHD
@ Nozomi > - nickr will help you out with all that work involved trolling through the codebase..

He's an extremely positive person that knows how to spell and encourage others along the way.
What more could you want, I ask you ?

Wink

(2014-10-22, 07:13)wrxtasy Wrote: @ Nozomi > - nickr will help you out with all that work involved trolling through the codebase..

He's an extremely positive person that knows how to spell and encourage others along the way.
What more could you want, I ask you ?

Wink

Do you mean "trawling"?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sam Nazarko of crystalbuntu (one of the key users of crystalhd) project had volunteered to bring it back until end of August. He wanted to fix the issues the old code had which were the reason it was removed.
Timeline was until End of August. Crystalhd was removed after not a single sign of development showed up.

But never the less there is always a way it can come back when the issues are fixed. But yeah, it should be done by those that use it most and that is ATV1 users running crystalbuntu.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
He's likely busy getting the OSMC project sorted out that will include CrystalHD on the ATV1 sometime in the near future.

Fingers crossed X

(2014-10-22, 07:16)nickr Wrote: Do you mean "trawling"?

If you like deep sea fishing, trawling might be more appropriate. I do like a bit of Orange Roughy fish tho ! Big Grin

Trolling is being an ass in the internet.

Trawling is what you meant. From Chambers
Quote: verb (trawled, trawling) tr & intr ... 2 to search through (a large number of things, people, etc) thoroughly, especially before finding the one required • had to trawl through hundreds of applications.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Maybe I was being ironic....

From the beloved Chambers..
Quote:ironic and ironical adj 1 containing, characterized by or expressing irony. 2 said of a person: given to frequent use of irony. ironically adverb.
but now we are digressing the thread...still feeling like fish for dinner tho. !

LOL Chicken here, fish tomorrow. Pax.

PS I was brought up to believe Chambers was the best dictionary, the full Oxford excepted of course.
Thumbs Up 
I built latest Helix from source with crystalhd support today and it works fine on my mac. Big Grin

I used this to get it back:
Code:
git revert -m 1 2ca4c9a628238d2e214f934c7d6ac9e1013b315b
git mergetool
Nice work nozomi, maybe share via Dropbox or similar ?

If I knew how to build for Crystalbuntu I would as well.

Does this mean the Apple tv1 will become less appealing and users will feel the need to upgrade to a different machine.
Depends what extra stuff you use Kodi for....

1080p video at a perfectly synced 24p will play just fine on a Crystalbuntu / XBMC Gotham 13.2 ATV1 still so long as you don't go stupid with all manner of add-ons that consume valuable RAM.

I still use my Crystalbuntu ATV1 for:
a backend server running TvHeadend 3.9xx whilst also running...
XBMC Gotham 13.2. for 1080p video and streaming Live 1080i TV from the TvHeadend server.
this can be streamed via WIFI around the house too.

Plus this little stayer still has superior on fly refresh rate switching and de-interlacing compared to any Android box.

(2014-11-29, 04:38)nozomi Wrote: I built latest Helix from source with crystalhd support today and it works fine on my mac. Big Grin

I used this to get it back:
Code:
git revert -m 1 2ca4c9a628238d2e214f934c7d6ac9e1013b315b
git mergetool

Would you post a step by step guide ?
With the usual use at your own risk, This works for me, might not for you disclaimer ?

It would make my old MacMini (and I) really happy... (Think of it as a Christmas gift for the community, maybe...) Smile
(2014-12-28, 16:46)Fadorme Wrote: Would you post a step by step guide ?
With the usual use at your own risk, This works for me, might not for you disclaimer ?

It would make my old MacMini (and I) really happy... (Think of it as a Christmas gift for the community, maybe...) Smile
I used this guide + the above mentioned merge of the chd code. README

These are the steps I use:

Code:
$ git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
$ git checkout Helix

$ cd $HOME/xbmc

$ git revert -m 1 2ca4c9a628238d2e214f934c7d6ac9e1013b315b
$ git mergetool

"git mergetool will run the merge tool program on every file with merge conflicts."
Just press enter and save each file Smile

Install Kodi build depends:

Code:
$ cd $HOME/xbmc
$ cd tools/depends
$ ./bootstrap2
$ ./configure --host=i386-apple-darwin
$ make -j2

Compilation by using command-line building via xcodebuild:

Code:
$ cd $HOME/xbmc
$ make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc
$ make clean
$ make xcode_depends -k

$ xcodebuild -configuration Release ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES ARCHS=i386 VALID_ARCHS=i386 \
-target "Kodi.app" -project Kodi.xcodeproj

Then you should find the Kodi.app in the build folder or whatever it's called Oo

Here's the app I'm using on my imac. It's got KSV's latest librtmp patches too.

kodi-14.0-Helix-i386-OSX+chd.zip
ATV1 / Crystalbuntu
Quote:-----------------------
Kodi built successfully
-------------------------

Life still for the 8 year ol slugger, with CHD support back again and a nice speed bump from Kodi optimizations. Smile
(mpeg2 / Crystal HD crashing fixed when viewing Live TV as well)

http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=...#pid114833

Hmm, I might have to bring mine out of retirement if the mpeg2 issues have been fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No more support CrystalHD1