WIP WiMM needs you! Developer appeal - Help needed.
Information 
Introduction. Previously XWMM

WiMM is a cross platform tool to manage the Kodi Media Database. It is completely web based, so you don't need to install anything on your workstation to manage your media.

This tool is intended to facilitate the use of the Kodi media management features (media infos, media categorization, scraping, etc ...)

Source code and project information: here

Developer appeal

This project really needs help from developers to whip the code into shape and make it fully functional again, hopefully in-time for Helix it is a functional addon against current mainline.
WiMM is written in extjs javascript and CSS and uses partially jsonrpc v6 and for what I understand a incomplete implementation of websockets.

Currently the main goals are to get project to a "fairly" bug free state and with all required functions restored and in stable working condition and back into Kodi main repositories.
In future, expanding the project to include new features (locale system, remote functionality and others) )and a new modern interface would be the ideal place to continue.

Slash2009 the original developer is not available to maintain project in the manner required and if the project is to survive it requires a few dedicated skilled individuals with an interest in contributing to help get the project up and running again, especially since there is no other web interface like it.

Current efforts to try to revitalise the project.

* This thread.
* Project readme
* Work in Progress - official WiMM Rename and logo/fanart competition.
* Main forums page is here

Special thanks to:

@fyfe - the most active developer for latest versions (off and on) for XWMM and has rewritten most of the code for addon.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask, though not a developer, I have been helping the project by making releases, maintaining the forum posts, and various github issues and other related maintenance, and would be thrilled to assist anyone in the process.

Thank you in advance for reading and responding.
For some reason, I thought I had asked this already. I am one of the developers for the PseudoTvLive Manager application. I was hoping to reach out to you guys, to see if you would like to collaborate on a web interface version of the manager. Please let me know. Great work on this interface by the way. I love it!
This thread exists because there aren't so much as a "we guys" officially and this project needs developers to pitch in, I guess if PR's turn up at XWMM (now WiMM) that help the project expand in a positive direction, personally you get my thumbs up.

IDK what's happening with anyone else that has contributed to project (I guess they busy with real life?) feel free to open any suggestion you like in github or whatever.

I guess you would like to see support for managing pseudotv things via the webinterface? (I dont develop only a glorified janitor) but Ill do what I can to help.
I can help with it. I kinda understand how extjs works, and I am learning more every day. I am not very good with github though (ask the dev for PTVL!). I just need a little help with the extjs
Github you have me, short a few nifty tricks I can do petty much any git trickery and then some., We can organize that, no trouble.
I am working on learning extjs 5. I don't know if that is where I should start, or if I should start by forking WiMM, and learning extjs 3.4
That I cant tell you, extjs 3.4 is what currently is used in WiMM, a fork is a good place to start for sure.
Would any of the devs be willing to help me with some things? I am having trouble parsing the xml file that is used for channel settings in PTVL.
Feel free to open a feature/issue request at the project github with your proposal and current progress and issues. Ill ping everyone and then wait and see who replies...

See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues for opening that.

idk if the developer forums here would be faster though as the current activity of devs in XWMM/WiMM is pretty low.
Ok. If it is ok with you, and WiMM, I am going to ask for developers at:
206141 (thread)
No problem Wink

Sorry I cant be of more assistance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WiMM needs you! Developer appeal - Help needed.0