MINIX NEO X9 is Upcoming?
I saw a message yesterday, it said that, like other android TV box manufacturer, MINIX will also has its first RK3288 Android TV box - MINIX NEO X9. http://www.iandroidtvbox.com/blog/minix-...is-coming/ Is that real? I have saw "MINIX NEO X9" before in that information site, but there's no any detailed information about MINIX NEO X9.
Minx certainly have a RK3288 box coming.
Now there is a company I also trust to do a good job with an RK3288 based player.
Too many chips, too many boxes to keep up with these days, but I'm looking at Minix, VidOn, and Cloud Media to see how their boxes develop.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-10-08, 13:50)jjd-uk Wrote: Minx certainly have a RK3288 box coming.

It that will be the MINIX NEO X9?
(2014-10-08, 18:02)hdmkv Wrote: Too many chips, too many boxes to keep up with these days, but I'm looking at Minix, VidOn, and Cloud Media to see how their boxes develop.

Yes, too many chips and the update speed is fast. I believe it will have new chip beyond RK3288 in the near future adn than it will also appear a large number of new boxes. Personal view, MINIX and Tronsmart Android TV boxes are better than many other brands no matter in performance or functions. Both of the two have new devices released recently. The MINIX NEO X6 carries a Amlogic S805 quad core CPU which is also a new chip, the MINIX NEO Z64 TV box will be MINIX's first Intel chip box which uses the Intel Z3735F 64 Bit CPU and supports Android 4.4 (pre-installed) / Windows 8.1 (optional) dual OS. As to the Tronsmart, the new Tronsmart Orion R28 may be familiar to many TV box lovers as it is hot now. Besides the Pro and Meta version, Orion R28 TV box will have another new Telos version which will own 3GB RAM and 32GB eMMC ROM. That's miraculous.
Minix certainly have a NEO x8-h
Out of these boxes, which one supports

3D blu ray frame sequential?
Dolby, TrueHD, DTS etc?

what exactly determines if a box can play 3D BD ?
I see only measy b4s mentioning that.
Any one having idea?
Only box promising to support hd audio and 3D frame-packed is VidOn. We'll see if true; my box is due to arrive in a week (shipped from China, but at customs in U.S.).
My HT
(2014-10-09, 20:43)nicenicenicee Wrote: Out of these boxes, which one supports

3D blu ray frame sequential?
Dolby, TrueHD, DTS etc?

what exactly determines if a box can play 3D BD ?
I see only measy b4s mentioning that.
Any one having idea?

You can have a look at that HiMedia Q5 quad core. It not only supports what you said above, also supports ISO format.

(2014-10-09, 09:11)bushjasen Wrote: Minix certainly have a NEO x8-h

Yes, but its CPU is Amlogic S802-H, not RK3288.
(2014-10-09, 21:07)hdmkv Wrote: Only box promising to support hd audio and 3D frame-packed is VidOn. We'll see if true; my box is due to arrive in a week (shipped from China, but at customs in U.S.).

Since 2013, almost all the Android TV box supports 3D, 2013 is the 3D era, and this year, 2014, is the exclusive era of 4K. most TV box products launched this year are 4K boxes. The RK3288 new SoC box became popular just in recent time followed the step of the popularity of the RK3288 tablets. Those TV box maker like Tronsmart and Measy have already released their RK3288 TV box, So, I am so eager to know if MINIX will really launch its first RK3288 TV box. MINIX is not the first one, but if it really list the RK3288 box to the market, it will soon become a best seller as its products always in good quality, with complete features like XBMC, google play, dual band wifi etc, and gains the public's trust.
Quote:Since 2013, almost all the Android TV box supports 3D...
Full, frame-packed Blu-ray 3D? That's what I'm referring to.
My HT
(2014-10-10, 11:47)Doris26 Wrote:
(2014-10-09, 21:07)hdmkv Wrote: Only box promising to support hd audio and 3D frame-packed is VidOn. We'll see if true; my box is due to arrive in a week (shipped from China, but at customs in U.S.).
Since 2013, almost all the Android TV box supports 3D, 2013 is the 3D era
Correction, most SoC hardware since 2013 supports frame-packed Blu-ray 3D, but the Android firmware on most boxes don't!

Or at least there is no official support in XBMC for it any hardware, no matter is the hardware supports it or not.

For discussion about XBMC on Android for RK3288 see existing thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=202924

For an end-user is not interesting if the hardware supports it when the software does not, the result is still no support for it.

With the hardware supporting it you only have to hope that software support might be added someday, but no grantees.

Ex. Allwinner A10/A20 was very cheap SoC with good spec when it came out, but it still have no XBMC support at all.

Lesson learned; don't buy hardware today on promises that software support for your wanted features will be added later.
(2014-10-10, 15:14)Hedda Wrote:
(2014-10-10, 11:47)Doris26 Wrote:
Since 2013, almost all the Android TV box supports 3D, 2013 is the 3D era
Correction, most SoC hardware since 2013 supports frame-packed Blu-ray 3D, but the Android firmware on most boxes don't!

Or at least there is no official support in XBMC for it any hardware, no matter is the hardware supports it or not.

For discussion about XBMC on Android for RK3288 see existing thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=202924

For an end-user is not interesting if the hardware supports it when the software does not, the result is still no support for it.

With the hardware supporting it you only have to hope that software support might be added someday, but no grantees.

Ex. Allwinner A10/A20 was very cheap SoC with good spec when it came out, but it still have no XBMC support at all.

Lesson learned; don't buy hardware today on promises that software support for your wanted features will be added later.

thanks for this knowledge, it made complete sense to me, i was wondering seeing tons of boxes with same hardware specs, while some of them claiming 3D BD playback, but some of them mentioned nothing.
some of the dual core mentioned to play it, but quad core boxes not having any mention of it.

Actually i want to avoid investing in one more 3D BD player separately, from money as well as from real state occupation angle.

it will give me clarity to chose a good one i hope.
Rofl refer to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=202924, Hedda said Minix Neo X9 is only rumor

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO X9 is Upcoming?0