MINIX NEO X9 is Upcoming?
Yes and it's going to be Fantastic.. the best RK3288 ever build.... they say.

The suspense is killing me.. can't hardly wait for it to hit the market...Supposed to be the best thing ever.

Me I just hope they don't overhype it... so it can only disappoint when it turns out to be just another RK3288 box
well, a rumor, most report said that it's a rumor, maybe many people think(including me), it is time to MINIX to launch its RK3288 TV box now
Experts,
Can we conclude if a player can support MVC, then it can playback 3D frame packing?
the MVC support itself is part of the H.264 standard as an amendment in H.264 "Annex H" of the specification... so that is what a player needs to support and anyone creating 3D content with MVC.
check the WiKipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

Version 11: (March 16, 2009) Major addition to H.264/AVC containing the amendment for Multiview Video Coding (MVC) extension, including the Multiview High profile.
Version 12: (March 9, 2010) Amendment containing definition of a new MVC profile (the Stereo High profile) for two-view video coding with support of interlaced coding tools and specifying an additional SEI message (the frame packing arrangement SEI message).

and then there is 8 releases after that one...

So the short answer to a short question is NO
But if both support claims are within the same standard the answer is YES
on their own the both mean diddle...
I'm also waiting for Minix Neo X9
With the recent launch of the X8-H PLUS (using Amlogic s812-h) should we still expect a Minix Neo X9 in early 2015, or is the X8-H PLUS the roumered box that everyone thought would be the X9?

Also, how does the Amlogic s812-h compare to the RK3288 (better? worse?)?
Once the price tag reaches over $150usd, better to buy a Windows based mini PC, so not matter what chip they use that is the crossover price point !
Kodi: 21.0 Omega  Skin: Confluence 5.0.3
(2014-12-03, 00:33)EdT586 Wrote: Once the price tag reaches over $150usd, better to buy a Windows based mini PC, so not matter what chip they use that is the crossover price point !

With regards to performance you are obviously right, and I was originally planning on a NUC solution.

Problem is, if you'd like a user-friendly all-in-one solution to handle both XBMC/KODI as well as various streaming services (like Netflix, Viaplay, HBO etc.). Until XBMC/KODI itself can function as the all-in-one solution I need, with PROPER integration of the various streaming services (current solutions for integrating these in XBMC seem rather "half baked") and what you'd otherwise want for your Media Center to handle, the Android boxes still seem to be the most TV-friendly all-in-one option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO X9 is Upcoming?0