Music Artist Information enhancements
Thanks for all the work on XBMC / Kodi. I'd like to suggest the following enhancements to the Music database "Artist Information" process.

1) If the chosen Scraper does not recognise an Artist, alternative scrapers are interrogated as well.

2) If no scraper recognises the Artist, then XBMC should create a "blank" artist with the name from the ID3 or other Tags. Currently, no record seems to be created so it's impossible to add Artist Info / Artwork.

3) Very often, Fanart for an Artist exists, but XBMC displays none. This may be when there is more than one alternative returned by the scraper. In this case, I'd prefer it to pick one and display it. If I don't like it, I will change it, but I'd rather have that than nothing displayed.

4) An option to edit Artist Information (including for unknown artists) from within the XBMC GUI. In other words, a Menu option to "Edit Artist Info" which will bring up a form for the Artist containing any info already scraped (or none) and allow text entry of Biog / Dates etc as well as paths to Fanart etc. The current method of generating .xml or .nfo files outside XBMC and importing them is too clunky for non-technical users.

Hope these ideas are possible and popular :-)

Thanks
Andy
I second item # 4, a GUI editor for direct manual entry of artist info. that could be chosen as an alternative to scraping would be a nice feature.

I have experienced the issue described in 3), and it is a bit frustrating to have to go to each artist's info screen to select artwork that has already been scraped in order for it to display. That might be more of a bug than a feature need.
Well, as a start it would be nice to be able to access the artist info page, even if the artist hasn't been scraped, as that allows for assignment of art. I can see if you use only remote art if there isn't a scrape then there isn't any point, but I think it might be common for users to obtain local art for artist that don't scrape.

Something else along this line is it would be helpful (at least for me) if there was a way to create a "recently added artist" view, or in a recently added album or song view to be able to access the artist info so I can easily get to artist info that needs to be updated locally due to not scraping.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Artist Information enhancements0