Custom thumbnails in ReFocus
First of all, it's a lovely skin! I use it for both my television/htpc in the bedroom and downstairs!

Now my question is:

my htpc in the bedroom has several home made videos of our camera and I would like them to show up as normal movies.
I have created thumbnails with the -poster behind every filename and it works perfect on some skins but not on this one.

Just one simple qeustion, what name should i give it? -fanart is the background picture but what should it be for the picture to the right?

Thanks in advance,
Spywurm
(2014-10-08, 23:57)spywurm Wrote: First of all, it's a lovely skin! I use it for both my television/htpc in the bedroom and downstairs!

Now my question is:

my htpc in the bedroom has several home made videos of our camera and I would like them to show up as normal movies.
I have created thumbnails with the -poster behind every filename and it works perfect on some skins but not on this one.

Just one simple qeustion, what name should i give it? -fanart is the background picture but what should it be for the picture to the right?

Thanks in advance,
Spywurm

I'm assuming your in List View? The default thumb there is Poster art. IDK about the original Refocus, but Refocus Glass will let you switch between Portrait/landscape. Is that what you mean?

Example: My F1 folder setup

fanart.jpg

poster.jpg

Of course these are for the folders themselves
Hi handbone,

thanks for the reply. Yes it's that one at the right, the "cover".
All my vid's are in several maps constructed like this:

- folder 1
--- movie1.mkv
--- movie1-poster.jpg
--- movie1-fanart.jpg
--- movie2.mkv
--- movie2-poster.jpg
--- movie2-fanart.jpg
- folder 2
--- movie1.mkv
--- movie1-poster.jpg
--- movie1-fanart.jpg
--- movie2.mkv
--- movie2-poster.jpg
--- movie2-fanart.jpg

This does work on the skin "Conq" but that skin is ugly against ReFocus.
Did I do something wrong? My way of sorting my library or something else?

Thank you in advance,
Spywurm
(2014-10-09, 22:55)spywurm Wrote: Hi handbone,

thanks for the reply. Yes it's that one at the right, the "cover".
All my vid's are in several maps constructed like this:

- folder 1
--- movie1.mkv
--- movie1-poster.jpg
--- movie1-fanart.jpg
--- movie2.mkv
--- movie2-poster.jpg
--- movie2-fanart.jpg
- folder 2
--- movie1.mkv
--- movie1-poster.jpg
--- movie1-fanart.jpg
--- movie2.mkv
--- movie2-poster.jpg
--- movie2-fanart.jpg

This does work on the skin "Conq" but that skin is ugly against ReFocus.
Did I do something wrong? My way of sorting my library or something else?

Thank you in advance,
Spywurm

I gave it a try with my files and it seems to work the way you have it setup. Each F1 race in seperate folders named with -poster or -fanart at the end.
Thanks again for the reply handbone.

Glad it works on your system. How did you manage your personal files? I didn't add them to a library, but I watch the files in the filebrowser of the skin that
is set to my favorites.

I also tried to clean the thumbnail folder under /AppData without any result.

Thanks mate!
(2014-10-14, 19:00)spywurm Wrote: Thanks again for the reply handbone.

Glad it works on your system. How did you manage your personal files? I didn't add them to a library, but I watch the files in the filebrowser of the skin that
is set to my favorites.

I also tried to clean the thumbnail folder under /AppData without any result.

Thanks mate!

What I did was added a a folder on my drive as a source (similar to when you add your movie/tv folder). But left it with no content scraper. Then just names the images and put them in their respective folder.

Then just added that folder source as a homescreen menu. I will see how it handles favorites. I have each video in its own folder with just fanart.jpg and poster.jpg (without using the filename)
Mhh I did all the things you did in the same way except for one thing. The video files aren't in separate folders but in folders with category like for example "garden" and "living room".

Yesterday i checked it out and somehow some of the images where shown next to the file (like 5 of the 30). Think it's something with xbmc or the skin refocus...

Thanks for the reply's handbone!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom thumbnails in ReFocus1