zero byte DVDTSCorrection.o
Making XBMC on an existing Raspbian system. (Yes, I do know precompiled XBMC OS images are available for RaPi.)

I've cloned from xbmc-rbp.git. Performed all the precursor steps to make as per http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC .

Running make job goes well up to the rule for xbmc.bin, where it complains that DVDTSCorrection.o "in archive is not an object".

Turns out DVDTSCorrection.o is being generated as a zero-byte file.

I've tried deleting the source and header file, pulling again from git, and running make again, but same result.

Suggestions.
Did you enable ccache?
There may be a zero length file in ~/.ccache that you'll need to delete.
Did I enable ccache? No. Was it enabled by default on the Raspbian image I started with. Yes. Good call!

However, clearning ccache doesn't solve the problem. Still make is generating a zero-length DVDTSCorrection.o after a "ccache -c".

Other ideas?
Interesting. Added "-pedantic" to CXXFLAGS. Ran make. Got a non-zero-length DVDTSCorrection.o.

I've rerun make dozens of times, zero length each time. I tell cpp to give me more diagnostic information, now it gives me valid output file.

It shouldn't have worked, but it did. Nice gift horse. I promise I won't examine your teeth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
zero byte DVDTSCorrection.o0