[Android] FireTV UK Units
Needs to be rooted.

EDIT: Actually doesn't need to be rooted.
Mines not rooted and I have the XBMC icon, unless you mean SPMC.

Edit: Maybe I should point out that I did originally use the Amazon Fire TV Utility App which installs the Kodi icon but replaced it with the XBMC icon later with adbfire.
Last night I loaded FiredTV on my non-rooted device and its great, it forgets your settings but its still better than hacking shortcuts or having to drill down to settings PLUS the developer only 3 days ago shows he has been working on a new version which looks like a big overhaul.
(2014-10-30, 01:44)Paul777 Wrote: Mines not rooted and I have the XBMC icon, unless you mean SPMC.

Edit: Maybe I should point out that I did originally use the Amazon Fire TV Utility App which installs the Kodi icon but replaced it with the XBMC icon later with adbfire.

Strange, I've tried and Amazon Fire TV Utility App evens says make sure you have root.
I get the message about being rooted too but I must admit I didn't notice it before.

I got my FTV from Amazon UK last week so I couldn't root it.

Have you rebooted it since you tried it? You need to reboot for the icon to show up.

I did click the "Llama Kodi Config" button as well in the AFTV Utility App and imported the settings in Llama by pressing the menu key and selected import/export data>import from USB storage.
Reboot did the trick, thanks. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Android] FireTV UK Units0