Android Amazon Fire TV - After using Kodi I can't playback other Videos on Prime/Apps
Hi,

I use the latest FW on the Amazon Fire TV with Kodi Helix 14.0 Alpha 4 installed. I didn't root my Fire TV.

Now when I'm using Kodi and Play a Video for example and then go back via Home to the Amazon Screen and try to open a Prime Video or any other Video in a Fire TV App like Arte Mediathek, ZDF Mediathek, etc. the Audio of the Video starts for 1sec and then it says I might be in the wrong region to play this Video or another error message.
I'm in Germany and the Apps are from the German Store with German Content (and work to play when I do as described below).
When I try to Play a Prime Movie it says UNKNOWN_ERROR.

Kodi itself will still work and play any Video, etc.

Now when I unplug the Fire TV and plug it back in everything is working fine again (until I redo the steps above).

I have the feeling as if Kodi uses a Video Library and keeps it busy that no other App can play a Video (especially when I once had a buffering issue and switched to the Amazon Homescreen I sometimes could hear the Audio of the buffered Video) but what is weird is that when I shutdown Kodi or try to Unload it in the System Menu the issue still persists until the Fire TV gets restarted.

A friend of mine can replicate this. I couldn't find anything about this topic or maybe did a wrong search Smile but I guess more people might have the exact same issue.

Is this a known issue? Or maybe this is with Kodi 14 (Alpha 4) only as most topics I found where about 13.1 or 13.2 and not 14.0?
I have V14 Alpha 3 on my FTV's and it is working fine. I did try alpha 4 on one but got a lot of script errors and things so went back to alpha 3.

The last stable version is 13.2 though so if you don't want any issues at all (or as few as possible), I'd use that.
I'm having the exact same problem! I'm running 13.2, and I would love to know how to fix this.

Instead of pulling the plug, you can hold the select and play buttons to do a reboot.
I have just got a Fire TV and installed 13.2 XBMC on it. Same problem, after coming out of XBMC none of the Prime videos would play, just got an "UNKNOWN ERROR". Pulling the power on the FTV does fix it, but not ideal.
HTPC: Kodi on Windows 10 | Intel i3 540 with Noctua NH-U9B Cooler | 2x2Gb RAM | Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 | Silverstone LC17B Case | Antec PSU | Samsung SSD for OS | 2x2TB Samsung for Media + 3TB WD
TV: Panasonic 55" Plasma
Does it still do it if you 'force stop' XBMC from the Amazon Home screen ?
(2014-10-23, 17:54)Animal Wrote: Does it still do it if you 'force stop' XBMC from the Amazon Home screen ?
"Force Stop" also fixes it, so that is obviously easier than power cycling.
HTPC: Kodi on Windows 10 | Intel i3 540 with Noctua NH-U9B Cooler | 2x2Gb RAM | Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 | Silverstone LC17B Case | Antec PSU | Samsung SSD for OS | 2x2TB Samsung for Media + 3TB WD
TV: Panasonic 55" Plasma
I set lama to quit xbmc after 7 seconds on ftv launcher. this way i can go back to xbmc if i hit home by accident or let xbmc close if i want to do something else.

But i dont do this for prime or another app. I use it to close xbmc if it crashes or freeze or start bad behaving somehow. After the inital setup iis done its much quicker and easier this way
I found that if xbmc is playing a movie and it is not stop then I will get the unknown error. All I have to do is stop thmovie and prime works fine.
I only encountered this bug once, haven't had it again yet. but I might try the force stop if it does.
(2014-10-09, 13:58)HellsDelight Wrote: ...

Disable "MediaCodec" in Kodi-Video-Settings on Accelleration-Tab. This solves your issue, and Kodi can stay running in background.

But if you got several times the UNKNOWN_ERROR an Amazon Prime Video, then Amazon stores your Account with Network-Problems and you cannot get a stream greater than 1MBit. To solve the Amazon Stream Quality, delete Cache and Date on "Amazon Video"-App if you have Problems with it.

Ryker
(2015-01-10, 16:46)ryker1409 Wrote:
(2014-10-09, 13:58)HellsDelight Wrote: ...

Disable "MediaCodec" in Kodi-Video-Settings on Accelleration-Tab. This solves your issue, and Kodi can stay running in background.

But if you got several times the UNKNOWN_ERROR an Amazon Prime Video, then Amazon stores your Account with Network-Problems and you cannot get a stream greater than 1MBit. To solve the Amazon Stream Quality, delete Cache and Date on "Amazon Video"-App if you have Problems with it.

Ryker

Does this have any impact if I'm using LiveTV on Helix? I mucked with all those settings for days on the Gotham release even including advancedsettings.xml to get LiveTV stable on FTV. Just upgraded to Helix and it is a major improvement for LiveTV but not certain what to expect if I change this. Degraded TV streams? Crashing?
Ok I tested this out. Live TV is terrible with mediacodec off.
LiveTv works perfect with a Kodi Version with activated glesdeinterlace if you have channels with 1080i E.g Kodi 14.1 testbuild with this feature (not the final 14.1) or Kodi 15alpha.
With such version all HD channels are sharp and smooth on my FireTv.
But really important is to disable Mediacodec and leave enabled libstagefright. After first start with this settings, maybe its needed to set the interlace setting to Bob-inverted and save this for all channels. Then restart Kodi.

Ryker
(2014-10-24, 01:40)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote: I set lama to quit xbmc after 7 seconds on ftv launcher. this way i can go back to xbmc if i hit home by accident or let xbmc close if i want to do something else.

But i dont do this for prime or another app. I use it to close xbmc if it crashes or freeze or start bad behaving somehow. After the inital setup iis done its much quicker and easier this way

How do you do this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV - After using Kodi I can't playback other Videos on Prime/Apps0