Linux Lirc integration - volume control interfering
I'm using XBMC on Ubuntu. It's previously worked fine, but I've not used it for a while and having diet-upgraded the IR remote integration was a bit broken.

I was finding up/down worked through the menus, but also triggered a volume control up/down. Pressing play/pause entered through menus but immediately would then issue a second event which would hit the .. and navigate back up.

After setting lirc to repeat 0 up/down it now only activates the volume up/down and doesn't navigate, but play/pause is only registered once.

Is there a way I can prevent the remote activating the volume up/down in the hope that the event then falls through to hit the menu up/down function?

(Also, the captcha to register here is insanely hard!)
Post a Debug Log. So we can see what actually is going wrong.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here.
After rereading your original post (quite hard to follow), it seems that you want lirc's volume be mapped to a noop. See the wiki and howto remap specific keys, ignore them.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Presumably if it was just a case of mapping the key I could map it to the up/down actions rather than a noop. I can't find anywhere that a key is mapped to volume actions to do so though, nor can I figure out how to tell which mapping key is being used.
I've changed all the system keymaps now. Nowhere is there a VolumeUp or VolumeDown left. Still doing it though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lirc integration - volume control interfering0