Is BBC iPlayer caching/buffering for people?
Hi,

I've put a new thread in the hope that people will see this (as I've just found out that some other addons are caching/buffering but BBC iPlayer isn't.)

I still can't find the cache folder in the Mac (OS 10.9 - looked in both library/application support/xbmc and all it's subfolders, and in Applications (show package contents) and all subfolders.)

I've used advanced settings to cache to HDD, but have also tried with Ram set to 1 gig (I have 10 gig free) and have tried buffer modes 0 and 1. And with it set to HDD, I have a buffer factor of 10.

But on BBC iPlayer I get no caching/buffering. The grey buffer line doesn't invrease in front on the blue play line and the codec info - pressing 'o' during playback - shows no buffer.

Yet watching two other addons just now, I found that both buffered - you could see the grey line (as well as the info).

So could anyone with BBC iPlayer see if it buffers for them, please?

Then I'll know if it's a BBC iPlayer issue or something wrong with my setup/settings/installation.

Any help much appreciated.
Don't you think this question would be better directed to the iPlayer support thread?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-10-10, 21:09)wgstarks Wrote: Don't you think this question would be better directed to the iPlayer support thread?

Cheers.

I didn't know there was one.

Though I want to make sure it's checked on a Mac, not a PC, in case there's some difference.

Is this iPlayer forum a Mac sub-forum, or a general forum?

And do you know where the cache is, and does iPlayer buffer for you?

Many thanks.
The cache (when cachemembuffersize == 0) is stored in ~/.xbmc/temp on OS X but you won't be able to view that file in the Finder or Terminal. To see if caching is working you may want to try pressing 'o' on the keyboard to bring up the Codec info overlay which contains info on the cache.
this is the 3rd thread you are posting your problem here - please consider stopping the cross posting as this will turn off any possible helpers
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is BBC iPlayer caching/buffering for people?0