Where is the airplay button?
Normally i play my movies with moviebox or straight from a website.
Normally there is just a simple airplay button in the bottom of the screen where i can select my receiver attached to my tv. Then it streams smooth, from the ipad to this dongle ( Ezcast).on my tv

But never in XBMC, i have spotted this simple button. Am i just looking in the wrong place or is this really not availible? What seems most unlikely? The mirroring function is bad and never smooth. Thars good for showing pictures, but nothing more than that.

Isnt it possible, to force xbmc for IOS, to open the movies in an external player, wich has a airplay buttun integrated? I was able to do this with an android version on a topbox. Hardware rendering wasnt availible, abd with a patch and Vplayer?( sometjing like that ), movies were opened in that external player and my problem was solved.

So is there an solution for my problem as stated above? Really no mirroring. It sucks. I find it really odd, that thar is no airplay button in xbmc, to stream from IOS to a dongle. This is XBMC version how many?
There is no button. That button is available from applications that use or otherwise access iOS's native video framework stuff, and XBMC doesn't use that stuff. It has its own video player, even though it is accessing the iOS hardware video decoder for many videos. XBMC simply isn't like normal iOS applications, even though it can run on iOS.

XBMC running on an iPad is really just a side effect from the efforts to port it to the Apple TV 2. I'm not saying this kind of feature won't come someday, but understand that mobile usage really isn't a main priority in the project.
ok, but wouln't it be so easy to just add an airplay function? than you have an complete solution to watch movies on the big screen. if this can be done from an ipad, them there is mo need for external top boxes, rapberry pi etc.
( in case of watching movies ofcourse ).
If your xbmc machine isn't plugged into your big screen via an HDMI cable, you've misconstrued what xbmc is all about.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-10-10, 23:36)Davea Wrote: ok, but wouln't it be so easy to just add an airplay function? than you have an complete solution to watch movies on the big screen. if this can be done from an ipad, them there is mo need for external top boxes, rapberry pi etc.
( in case of watching movies ofcourse ).

Perhaps it is easy. I'm honestly not sure, as I am not a developer. I don't think anyone would oppose the addition. It's simply that no one has done it yet, even though it has been suggested before.
It is not easy - its already hard enough to keep the airplay server in xbmc working throughout the ios client updates. And airplay client will definitly not make it into XBMC from the core team (because of the pain this closed protocol already gives me ...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is the airplay button?0