Compiling/Installation Problem
Hello,
I am trying to install XBMC on raspberry pi with this manual (suugested in xbmc wiki) : http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC
but almost in the end , in "make " comand I get an error and can not continue.
sope, someone can help .
termina command and output: "
pi@raspberrypi ~/xbmc-rbp $ make
make -C xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports wrapper.def
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/xbmc-rbp/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports'
make[1]: 'wrapper.def' is up to date.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/xbmc-rbp/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports'
make -C lib
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/xbmc-rbp/lib'
make -C ffmpeg
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/pi/xbmc-rbp/lib/ffmpeg'
CC libavcodec/h264.o
"

this is where it stucks for a long time
and this is what I am getting at the end: "
libavcodec/h264.c: In function 'decode_slice_header':
libavcodec/h264.c:2925:35: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from 'uint8_t **' to 'const uint8_t **' must be 'const' qualified [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/h264.c: In function 'fill_filter_caches_inter':
libavcodec/h264.c:3282:34: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/h264.c:3297:38: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/h264.c:3330:30: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/h264.c: In function 'decode_frame':
libavcodec/h264.c:4078:21: warning: initialization discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs> for instructions.
common.mak:45: recipe for target 'libavcodec/h264.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libavcodec/h264.o] Error 4
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/xbmc-rbp/lib/ffmpeg'
Makefile:70: recipe for target 'ffmpeg' failed
make[1]: *** [ffmpeg] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/xbmc-rbp/lib'
Makefile:289: recipe for target 'dvdpcodecs' failed
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2
"

p.s. I am trying to install on regular pi distribution ( raspbian, wheezy )
Sounds like you're running out of memory.

Try reducing gpu_mem to 16 while compiling ffmpeg, maximise available RAM by killing all other processes, or add some swap.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-10-10, 23:08)newtopi Wrote: I am trying to install XBMC on raspberry pi with this manual (suugested in xbmc wiki) : http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC

Note: these instructions show how to build a two year old fork of xbmc. Even if you succeed, the xbmc you build will be old, slow and buggy.
If you just want to install xbmc then follow the link on that page for "Installing Prebuilt XMBC Packages".
(2014-10-11, 01:27)Milhouse Wrote: Sounds like you're running out of memory.

Try reducing gpu_mem to 16 while compiling ffmpeg, maximise available RAM by killing all other processes, or add some swap.

Hi,
can you, please, explain how to do it?
thanks.
Edit /boot/config.txt and set gpu_mem=16, which will mean you have the maximum amount of RAM allocated to ARM.

I've no idea what else you are running, but just stop as many unnecessary processes as possible to ensure you have as much free RAM as possible. Reducing gpu_mem to 16 will stop the desktop from running, and this will free up a large chunk of memory which may make compilation possible (assuming lack of RAM is your problem, which is by no means certain).

I think swap is enabled by default on Raspbian - a 100MB swap file (/var/swap), so that's probably not a concern right now.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-10-11, 12:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-10, 23:08)newtopi Wrote: I am trying to install XBMC on raspberry pi with this manual (suugested in xbmc wiki) : http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC

Note: these instructions show how to build a two year old fork of xbmc. Even if you succeed, the xbmc you build will be old, slow and buggy.
If you just want to install xbmc then follow the link on that page for "Installing Prebuilt XMBC Packages".

Thanks. Totally missed it.
installed and it is working Smile))
2 small issues -
1- the screen a bit bigger than the tv screen and I can not adjut it. (update: fixed it through video settings in xbmc itself)
2- some strange problem with installing addons and subtitle services. the downloads stucked on 0% (update: managed to install most add-ons by clicking "install" and when it goes back to the previous screen, enterng again and cicking again on install. )
update : 3 - now strange problem on exit . it goes to black screen, although I can operate my pi via ssh .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling/Installation Problem0