Restarting on Wake from Suspend
I switched out the hard drive on my HTPC, cloning it to an SSD. I made some other changes at the same time. Now it seems that when I go to suspend on XBMC and let it sit for a while the computer has to restart before it actually will work. It shows the XBMC screen for about a second before I get the Windows 8 blue screen and a note that it needs to restart. I've taken to just shutting it off when I'm not using it, but I want to see if I can fix the issue.

Here are the logs
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=315924
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=315925
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=315926
(though the crash log has nothing in it)

I checked in the Windows Event Viewer and I'm seeing some Event 1001 bugcheck error around the time when the computer is being restarted. The last one said
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007a (0xfffff6e80011ffc8, 0xffffffffc000000e, 0x000000010ff06be0, 0xffffd00023ff9000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 101014-8750-01.
and matches the codes on previous ones.
I can replicate this pretty regularly when I have XBMC enabled so that it opens on start up and then I put it to sleep for an extended period of time.

I also did some testing and found that this will occur regardless of whether I use XBMC to put the computer to sleep or Windows 8's start menu.

However, I was not able to get the restarting from sleep/suspend when I had disabled the XBMC to start when Windows starts. I tried a bunch of options, but basically it was almost always falling asleep and waking up properly when I didn't have XBMC starting up. When XBMC was running and I put the computer to sleep, then (almost always, but more often when it was asleep longer) it would need to restart afterwards. The last time I had set it up so that XBMC didn't open on start up, I put it to sleep for a couple of minutes and it seemed to wake up correctly, but then I put it to sleep for about a half an hour and when it woke up (after about 15 seconds, after I played with the remote a little) it restarted.

It hasn't been consistent, sometimes a quick restart, sometimes it would take me directly to the bios screens.
I doubt that this is related to Kodi but to issues concerning your hardware and/or installed drivers.

So: what is your hardware? Are your drivers up-to-date? May there be problems with the power supply you're using?

Kodi makes use of a computer's grafix-part a lot, so I would start with that.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
(2014-10-14, 09:24)Fry7 Wrote: I doubt that this is related to Kodi but to issues concerning your hardware and/or installed drivers.

So: what is your hardware? Are your drivers up-to-date? May there be problems with the power supply you're using?

Kodi makes use of a computer's grafix-part a lot, so I would start with that.

I had been running XBMC on this machine for the past year without any problems. I had not been able to replicate the error without XBMC running, which is what points to that being somehow connected to it.

The main change I made was switching out a hard drive disk for a solid state drive. The HDD had two partitions, but the SSD could meaningfully have only one partition. So I moved uninstalled/reinstalled everything from the other partition, which was really just XBMC and maybe a few other programs (i.e. I reinstalled XBMC). Then I cloned the HDD to the SSD.

I suppose I can double-check the connections to the drive (I haven't checked that yet) when I get back from work. Power supply and graphics shouldn't be an issue because they are unchanged from previously (without problems). Only other meaningful change was updating the firmware for flirc.
I'm pretty sure I've narrowed down the problem to Flirc rather than XBMC. Earlier I had uninstalled Flirc and still got the error, but apparently you also have to pull it out of the usb slot. So after pulling out Flirc after it was uninstalled, I couldn't replicate the error. Error was only showing up with Flirc and XBMC running (and plugged in) at the same time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restarting on Wake from Suspend0